Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Just some small suggestions:

* If the computer is not on when the schedule update happens, a reminder or an automatic update should happen next time the computer is on.

* A new feature which protect the most critical areas, like the boot sector and what runs in memory. It would be nice to have some sort of "backup" if TeaTimer missed anything. Or implement some sort of cloud/HIPS.

* Disable tips

* Gaming mode

* "Shutdown when scan finishes"-option

* As always, less CPU- and ram-usage

* 64-Bit version of Spybot

* User-friendliness

Bugs/mistakes I've noticed:

- Go to Settings, then hit dialog. If you read through the helpful text, you'll read ".. if you regard yourself as a pro and want öuick action...". Shouldn't "öuick" be replaced with "quick"? :P
    Last edited by imageek; 2011-08-11 at 21:28.

Default Bugs

Some bugs:

- (As I wrote in "Suggestions": - Go to Settings, then hit dialog. If you read through the helpful text, you'll read ".. if you regard yourself as a pro and want öuick action...". Shouldn't "öuick" be replaced with "quick"? :P )

- When the scan window is open (but I haven't started to scan yet), and I try to open the task manager, a new window pops up. "Spybot Search & Destroy Tray" is scanning taskmgr.exe. And that's very annoying. I have no idea why it's scanning taskmgr.exe, and it's taking some time to finish. (Maybe Spybot should have some kind of whitelisted stuff in the real-time scanner/on demand scanner before you release the final version. Whitelist the known good stuff, f.e taskmgr.exe)

- Just noticed a memory leak. Stopped the scanner on virtumonde.dll, and boooom - the memory usage was 257,237. And the funny thing was, after I stopped the scanning, and it closed, it still was increasing in memory usage. Didn't stop before it reached 305,861.

-

Hello, just a suggestion here :

I think Spybot needs a tracking cookie scanner. I'm sure they don't take to long to scan for and it's hard when you're trying to opt-out of them and scan to wait 20 minutes just to see if the tracking cookies are gone. Otherwise you could have it scan for them at the beginning of a scan so users could abort and fix them fairly quick. I don't know of any other programs that have a tracking cookie scanner so I'm sure it could be a great addition to this wonderful program. Thanks for your time!

Default Spybot 2 beta is Junk bloatware!

What a terrible disappointment the whole concept of Spybot 2 is! The file is huge over 100mb., far larger than original Spybot. It's a huge memory hog, an incredible CPU hog...:100% of CPU! It's just correctly called bloatware, adding endless *new* features; that aren't adequately explained and difficult to control; even updating is very difficult. In fact, everything about this program works very slowly; and is just a giant hog of one's computer resources, for questionable services that aren't really spelled out.

It's a true disaster, that I got rid of as soon as I saw how bad its whole concept is. What is it; AV, anti-malware, anti-spyware, all three? What precisely do the new services mean, and exactly how do they work; the new protection always seemed to be off, or partly on...

Just stay away from this Bloatware waste-of-time!

http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...6&postcount=28
    Last edited by tashi; 2011-09-07 at 07:21. Reason: Added link to duplicate post

firefox007, give them sometime it is a beta version so it is bound to have bugs I believe they can iron out bugs and improve SD 2

Talking Editing The Hosts File

Hello! I've been using Spybot for as long as I've known about spyware/malware! (around 1999). I especially make use of the startup tool that lets you disable or delete startup entries!

But one tool I always felt was lacking was the Hosts file tool. I mean you can view the contents of your hosts file, you can lock it, but you can't add or remove entries from it! I always have to unlock the hosts file in Spybot and then have to manually open it from Windows Explorer and edit it in Notepad. Wouldn't it be soooooo much better if Spybot allowed us to edit our Hosts file so that after we add or remove an entry, it would unlock it, save the changes, then re-lock it? It would make my life soooooo much easier!

But nonetheless, thank you so so so so so soooooooooooooooo much for creating spybot! It's one of the most useful and important pieces of windows software!

Pepimk,take your time and listen to people suggestion i bet you will have the most popular antimalware,just don't release a unfinished product.

ALL THE BEST SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTROY TEAM

Post Just saying thank you is not enough but...

I think that there should be a feature to select a specific malware program/virus from a list and have SpyBot look for it instead of having it check the entire system which can take long enough that the malware would have time to really ruin your OS as it almost did on mine (it had started to delete the registry and exe file associations so I could not start anything!) if this is already included then:

And THANK YOU SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTROY TEAM!!!

Default Boot time scan

I may have missed it but does Spybot have a boot time scan option like Avast or at least a "clean boot" option
    i.e. easier than using safe mode

Is there currently any advantage to scanning with 2.0 over 1.6.2to check for bad stuff (windows 7 x64)

Default Spybot 2 feedback

Spybot 2 automatically loads drivers, hooks into browsers, integrates by default, silently accesses the net, and runs its own services. I understand the motivation, but I'm unhappy Spybot is moving in this direction.

Scanning malware, rootkits, system repair, autostarts, etc. all work anyway with these activities blocked; Spybot does not need to act like a commercial antivirus, patching itself into the system to protect it.

If Task Scheduler service is disabled, Spybot 2 can't update itself.

If the Mobile Phones tool extends to other phone brands, it will be popular.

The new Autostarts and Rootkits tools are highly impressive and functional.

The new UI is beautiful, and Spybot 2 seems to scan faster than Spybot 1. Modularizing the program was a great idea. Thanks for the opportunity to test build 20111005 on XP.