Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    There is already a Rootkit Scanner integrated.
    oh sorry, i did not found it so far.

Default please add host file of dodgy website

please host like in previous versions of Spybot S&D which added a list of dodgy websites and pointed the IP addresses to 127.0.0.1 to the host file of Windows. This host file amendment was in the option advance settings.
    Last edited by martbd; 2012-05-22 at 22:50.

Default new age dawn

hello all
    thanks to all at spybot for your dedication to safe browsing

i am a new user and have been forced to get familiar with all this spyware stuff
    due to a recent change in my homepage, and other factors

i have learned to reboot a fresh install of windows 7 and then installed your program, but at best still a novice.

A SUGESTION:

there are some items in tools and settings that i dont understand

can there be a place for novices ,like myself , to learn how to understand and use these features,as i have taken this thing about privacy very serious and would like to learn more from a trusted site on how to continue to browse safely and secuerly

again thanks for your continued support
    and as soon as i have a few bucks to spare i will donate to this cause

john castolene

Default re-create/update of whitelist

it should be possible to re-create/update the whitelist to a later time

Default How about Google Chrome?

SBSD really needs to address the attacks on Google Chrome. I don't even know anyone who uses MSIE anymore. Seriously, I don't! I only keep it on my machine for those archaic websites that Chrome can't read (mostly applets and forms). But now Google Chrome has extensions to emulate MSIE, so I don't need it at all.

Please work on SBSD for Chrome!

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomRydr View Post
    Please work on SBSD for Chrome!
    defenetly YES!

i have to notice many annoying spam-pop-ups into chrome now. spybot should be able to detect and block them

One thing which annoy me a lot is: Let's say a person is going to scan his computer. He open the Start Center, and go to update, the new window will pop up (replacing your current window). But now he have to close his current window, and open the Start Center window again, which is quite a cumbersome way to scan a computer. It should be able to instantly go back to the Start Center. I know it's possible to go to Associated Tasks - Start Center in the menu bar, but that opens a new window. It should be like everything happened in one window. Examples of competitors who's doing it like you are doing are...... none?? Every competitor have the option to update, scan, etc in the same window.

Just a thought..

try to make this program the most light possible and the less invasive possible and let the user choose language without install others languages.

Default Suggestions

Good Afternoon,
    I have two potential suggestions:

The LiveProtection feature of spybot tends to slow down my entire system. I have to leave it off most of the time. Most of the applications it scans are ones I am willing to trust. I wanted to whitelist specific directories (Or even just specific executable files) however the only option currently seems to be to whitelist the entire system. I suggest adding such a feature as maybe a command line option to SDPrepPos. This would line up with your current goal of keeping the whitelist feature use to a minimum while allowing advanced users more options.

I had difficulty trying to figure out whether a customizable whitelist is already a planned future feature. The 2.3 announcement just states that it will support notifications and has over 100 improvements. Is there a detailed list of current and planned features online? If not, adding them would benefit current users and would likely benefit the beta testers as it would direct them to new features that needs to be tested thoroughly.

Thank you!

Exclamation Suggestion: Would be nice to see...

a return of TeaTimer to the new version.

This was always one of the handiest additions to the 1.xx version that I had been using for years.

It started when I would boot up, and saved my pc many times over the years. So I really don't understand WHY this vital functionality is suddenly no longer included with SpyBot!

In my opinion, this function is more important than even built in anti-virus protection!!