Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Becoming a helper

Security Expert-Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Daz3210 View Post
    is it all hands on or is it more reading reading reading?
    Hi Daz3210,
    It depends what you mean by "hands on", you would not be allowed to help members of the public until you reach a certain level of ability.
    The teaching is hands on, to the extent that the schools have practice logs that you will be expected to clean.

You will be doing a lot of reading (and I do mean a lot ), but then that doesn't stop even when you have graduated from the school.
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2009 -2010
    If we have helped, please consider a donation
    THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR THIS USER ONLY

Quote Originally Posted by katana View Post
    Hi Daz3210,
    It depends what you mean by "hands on", you would not be allowed to help members of the public until you reach a certain level of ability.
    The teaching is hands on, to the extent that the schools have practice logs that you will be expected to clean.

You will be doing a lot of reading (and I do mean a lot ), but then that doesn't stop even when you have graduated from the school.
    Thats what I meant by hands on.

Basically you will be 'helping' a fictionary person by looking at practice codes.

Security Expert-Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Daz3210 View Post
    Thats what I meant by hands on.

Basically you will be 'helping' a fictionary person by looking at practice codes.
    Yes

It is not just a case of ....

read THIS text and then answer THESE questions.

You will also be asked to run some of the tools we use on your own machine to get familiar with how they work.

You are not expected to be correct all the time, and questions are welcomed.
    If you question things, it shows that you are thinking about them
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2009 -2010
    If we have helped, please consider a donation
    THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR THIS USER ONLY

Default becoming helper

hi, tashi
    i goes through threads
    sir, i am working as a lecture in small town tumsar, India
    i also searching for link or colume so that it will help me to
    fight against mallware spyware etc. this is all to help people
    thanx

Hello ravindra,

Please see this post: http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...0&postcount=25

To clarify, the volunteer run Classrooms are provided in order to train malware removal helpers who will assist members in the help forums.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default helping other

dear tashi,
    you given some useful link about malware university or classroom.
    thanks
    but no one is helping me. all are ready to form their cult.
    it is very sad for me. not them.
    sir I am graduate in electronic engg. and 13 year teaching exp.
    but useless for them
    I am ready for hardworking and helping other without taking single paisa.
    but kicking me off
    If I am from india. we talk in hindi so I am poor in english.
    it is my fault that I born in India
    I AM STILL WAITING THAT SOMEONE COME TO HELP ME
    THIS TIME JISUS

Hello ravinda,
    Quote Originally Posted by ravindra View Post
    but kicking me off
    I don't understand what you mean, please explain.

Best regards.

Default feel good to be born as Indian and start learning off

Dear Ravindra

dear tashi,
    you given some useful link about malware university or classroom.
    thanks
    it is very sad for me. not them.
    sir I am graduate in electronic engg. and 13 year teaching exp.
    but useless for them
    I am happy to see your interest to learn, but, having 13 years of experience teaching electronics does not confirm that you are expert in malware removal, yes, having interest and trying to follow the guidelines and attempting to understand the Operating System better in malware guy/security researcher perspective (i.e. how exploit works, and what people can do to fix that, I donot mean having an idea about software (to be used to fix malware etc) but, I mean to have clarity about OS in deeper perspective which all can enable you to confidently present your interest to start with. Grasping what they say can be more effectively done with more clarity about OS basics. Got my point. Ingeneral, people donot like spoon feeding, when we show our attempts, definetely I hope, you can find some nice people who may give a lift and guidance atleast in the minimalistic level for us to grow better in the field.

but kicking me off
    Passion to help others is basic at heart and knowledge of what we were suggesting as a helper is more important and the thing we need to ensure when helping people out, as one mistake, they blast us and all credentials gone, so we need to be very much careful about when directly helping some user (with his computer infected)

that's the basic one have to do (take this as very important priority, learning with full passion). Most of the helpers in different ASAP authorised Malware Removal Help Forums do in this perspective, they donot expect any direct income for the help and guidance they give in the forums in general. It's more of satisfaction and increase of knowledge, which they can make use of in their regular job (if that is related to this field in an organisation which they work in etc kind of situations).

If I am from india. we talk in hindi so I am poor in english.
    it is my fault that I born in India
    I am also an INDIAN, I am proud to be so. learning English can be easier with some heart to do and understanding and practice of the language in our regular life (be it writing or speaking well so, we be effective both gramatically as well as with spoken english.

DONOT ever say, it is fault to be born as Indian for little sir, please, hope you get me positive perspective.

I AM STILL WAITING THAT SOMEONE COME TO HELP ME
    THIS TIME JISUS
    I faced lot of rejections for my positive approach and interest in computer security, when I started off, and later, the practical understanding of operating system, how malware works, what we have to do to remove it etc, helped me improve my skills as effective malware helper in a later time. Due to time constraints I stopped helping users after last quarter quarter of 2005. I am occasioanlly helping known people locally and sometimes online that's it.

anyhow, since this is one of my passionate areas, I am interested to start helping back, this time, I am in spybot forums to start back in

NOTE: I know, and I remember I am banned in a security forums site from performing my passionate role of malware researcher and helper, for a simple of reason of LANGUAGE PROBLEM (they said my english is not understandable and also said they recieved lot of compliants from users about my language itseems). I didnot see any user in that time complaining or writing right in the forums in the same thread (when they recieve help from me, if they didnot understand my langauge). Anyhow, I donot want to go deep off topic of how that happened, but I wish to say, to "Concentrate, practice language and concentrate more on different Windows Versions currently in use, the deeper perspective about them, then how malware works and how we can undo the modifications in OS (made by malicious objects) to remove them.

Hope you got my point know,

All the Best with your future, hope you take your first step after this,

SecurityWonks
    Working for a More Secure World
    Teamwork means More We

Default Dial-Up

So, would it be too difficult to sign up if I have Dial-Up and cannot download very large software?

Hello Austin8289,

I graduated from two classrooms on dialup, and there is no usually no need to download large software programs.