Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freezes on Windows 2003

Default Freezes on Windows 2003

Hi!

I tried Runalyzer on Windows 2003 SP1 R2 Enterprise, but it does not work.

After start the CPU is used 100% for 10-20 seconds.
    Then the windows appears, the progress bar moves, and then it freezes. The window is dead (it does not redraw).

Any ideas ?

Sounds a bit like the problem discussed in the topic about PE 2005; my tests showed that an internal structure has changed. New version should be available soon
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

By Windows 2003 do you mean XP SP2? Because I tried opening RunAlyzer in XP SP2 and nothing opened. The title bar showed up in the task bar, but the GUI wouldn't come up.

Windows 2003 is a server OS; if you compare it to XP, XP Pro 64 bit is based for it, but XP Pro 64 bit doesn't have a second SP yet imho, so it's surely not the same you have
    Did you see in the task manager whether RunAlyzer was stil active (high CPU load)?

Thanks, I'm not familiar with server OSes. Yes, RunAlyzer stayed active in the task manager for about a minute, then it went to (not responding). I restarted the computer for good measure, but it didn't help.

Could you please try this beta? Handle information in the process list is now shown only on OS versions I know that are compatible, so this crash shouldn't happen any longer.

That means on 2003, handles are currently not shown; on XP Pro (32 bit) SP2, they still are, but handling of them has been improved as well.

Thanks for the quick replies. I just realized the thread titled "never pops up..." described my problem so I'll try to follow that thread now. This beta version seems to be working well. At first, it appeared to be doing the same thing as the first, but after 20-30 seconds, it came up. I'm attaching a screenshot of what the task manager looked like from the time I ran the program to the time the interface came up, just to give a better idea of the lag when opening it.

Thanks again! I'm looking forward to using the program.

Hi!

I tried the runalyz065b.exe and it works. Thanks.

Is it possible to open a window saying "Analyzing the system" or similar, when RunAlyzer is started ? So people know it has not crashed or something.
    Because it takes a while before it it finishes the startup.

Also the "Online Analysis" button "does nothing", only a few seconds the progress bar is starting to move. Here again some immediate feedback would be in order (disabling the button, printin "Analysis in progress" etc...)

Regards,
    David

The problem with doing the initials things later is that they'll be slower when the window is already shown Anyway I think a few things could be done there.

The Online Analysis should immediately show its status! And does so here. Maybe it's not reacting instantly when the offline analysis is still running (the progress bar which slowly fills directly after starting)?

I'm not sure.

But I still think some clear indication of state should be printed. The progress bar has no label to say what exactly it is "metering".
    Also the "Online Analysis" button is not disabled. I can click it after the analysis is running. It appears to restart the analysis.

And I don't see a way to stop the analysis. File/Exit menu does nothing, neither the window close button. I see no Stop button. I can only kill the program with Task Manager.