Thread: Spyware Infection

Question Spyware Infection

I just want to know what to use to get this spyware infection off my computer. I'm a computer idiot, however I have just deleted a ton of hotfixes and a few dozen other things, and may have ruined my computer, but I'm still on, and need to get this Spyware Infection off my desktop and whereever else it is in there.

This is my LAST COMPUTER, I just tossed 3 old ones that got strangled by adware and spyware, then my New computer went, and is at the shop now, and I'm on my LAST Gateway Windows 2000 small, laptop that's on it's last legs, so....... if you don't want to see an old woman go nutz and shoot her last remaining, poor excuse of a computer, then you will help me to get this thing going
    again and make me one happy lady.

PPPPPLLLLEEEAAASSSEEEE!!!

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Sheila:

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila
    I just want to know what to use to get this spyware infection off my computer.
    Unless I missed something in your post, I not sure what "this spyware infection" is. So all I can do is answer in generalities.

I personally use Spybot-S&D, Microsoft AntiSpyware, Ad-Aware SE Personal and a-squared (not mentioned below).

Eric L. Howe (Background & Bio) recommends seven (7)products in the following:

If these products fail to remove the spyware from your system you can request assistance in removing it by following these instructions:

Then posting in the following forum:

Since you seem have a propensity to collect spyware, perhaps the following article will help:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.