Thread: SD Helper crashing IE7 when closng multi tabs

Default SD Helper crashing IE7 when closng multi tabs

Lately my IE7 has crashed occasionally when I close a few tabs in the one action. The normal IE7 tab closure warning pops up, then followed by the 'Windows has detected an error and needs to close Internet Explorer' warning pop-up. On clicking on the 'advance' button in the warning pop-up, it informs me that the SD Helper add-on has caused the IE7 crash.
    Anyone else experienced this and will the Spybot team be able to offer an explanation please?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

There have been other reports:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thanks for that. It seems safer to uncheck SDHelper or remove Spybot altogether, until the Spybot team fix the problem. Unfortunately fixes for Spybot problems do not always arrive that fast.
    Last edited by greenhatch; 2007-01-29 at 00:42.

I uninstalled and reinstalled a fresh program 1.4 downloaded from the site, leaving the residents SD Helper and Tea Timer unchecked. Old habits die hard, I've been doing weekly Spybot scans for years! I'll watch out for news of any improvements in due course, particularly the IE7 fix needed for the SD Helper: good luck to the team.
    Last edited by greenhatch; 2007-01-30 at 08:50.