Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: IE7 and Outlook HTML e-mail create is slow

Quote Originally Posted by VMGary View Post
    ... I also learned this morning that I had to go to a separate website for updates to my Office 2003 and do it manually.
    If you go to the Windows Update site there is an option to add Office updates to the Windows updates. We get all of our Office updates automatically this way.

On a separate note ... are any of the folks having this typing issue using Norton Internet Security 2007? We are using it on all 3 of our computers (all 3 computers have the same typing delay problem). Has anyone tried disabling it to see if things improve? This was suggested to me at another forum but I'm away from those computers right now and haven't had a chance to try this yet.

Cheers.

New poster:

I'm not a regular Spybot user, but have used it in the past. I don't have Spybot even installed on my pc, (I use Spyware Blaster) but experienced this problem in outlook 2003 immediately after installing the latest three windoze updates released on 5/9/07.

This is not a spybot issue but another bigtime screwup by M$. I'm just wondering if I can uninstall those patches without doing more damage...

M$ needs to fix this fast.

Quote Originally Posted by The4Bs View Post
    ... are any of the folks having this typing issue using Norton Internet Security 2007? We are using it on all 3 of our computers (all 3 computers have the same typing delay problem). Has anyone tried disabling it to see if things improve? This was suggested to me at another forum ...
    Didn't work. No difference.

Default I've just wasted hours......

Today I discovered I couldn't type emails. Googling Outlook 2003 + slow didn't find anything and it was some time before I discovered it was only in HTML format that the problem was happening. New search and found this thread. Thanks!
    There has been a rash of MS updates in the last day or so coming through progressively on all three pc's although currently I only have this problem on one. This also coincides with the fact that from yesterday sending and receiving mail seemed to take ages.
    In fact I have just rechecked and the other two are still ok. They don't have either spy programs installed although it seems that might be a red herring.
    Is this a cunning plan to make us move to Vista in desparation?

Default I've just wasted hours......

Sorry; double posted and can't see where "delete post" is hidden
    Last edited by gbwilli; 2007-05-11 at 02:32.

Since this seemed to not be a Spybot issue I started another thread at the AumHa Forums They have been VERY helpful to me in the past solving problems. Not much to report so far but it just feels good to have smart people like them on the case.

By the way, I uninstalled Spybot, rebooted and still had the same problem. Then I re-installed Spybot.

Definitely not Spybot.

Quote Originally Posted by The4Bs View Post
    By the way, I uninstalled Spybot, rebooted and still had the same problem. Then I re-installed Spybot.

Definitely not Spybot.

Hmmm...

Uninstalled Spybot again, rebooted, reset IE 7 (Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, Reset) and now Outlook works just fine.

Clearing out IE 7 "stuff" seems to do it.

But why does Outlook work fine just by making any kind of change in the options (with Spybot still installed and immunization on), until it is shutdown and restarted?

Questions, questions ...

Quote Originally Posted by rruss View Post
    There seems to be something in the MS updates done this morning (5/9/07) that triggered this behavior for those of us not previously affected.

It was caused by one of the following three updates:

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB931768) Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Windows XP Update for Windows XP (KB930916) Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Windows XP Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - May 2007 (KB890830)
    Sample of issues reported:

Windows XP General

Google Groups. microsoft . public . windowsupdate

KB931768 causes IE7 failure w/ navcancl & ieframe.dll &temp solut

Windows Update killed IE7! navcancl & ieframe.dll error

KB931768 'navcancl' error crippling IE7 for some Vista users

Problem after installing IE7 update(KB931768)

You receive an access violation error when you try to install an update from Windows Update or from Microsoft Update after you applyhotfix package KB916089
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

3 pc's; all XP SP2; all on autoupdate for XP
    2 unaffected don't have Spybot
    1 which is grinding to a halt in Outlook has.
    Not scientific but.......

I will try installing Spybot on one of the others.

Default SLOW typing

I'm certain the core problem lies just with MS. BUT I do have one computer that does NOT (has not ever) had SpyBot loaded on it, and it took the updates and does emails just fine. So I'm thinking it's still possible that once SpyBot is installed...?

It's funny... the Windows update warning usually says something like "Somebody could take your computer over...". I'm almost tempted to let them. After 1 day of sending emails, they'd popup a message to me and say 'OMG you poor bastard. I took over your computer but it ain't worth it. You can have it back. I'll never bother you again. I'll be praying for you...'

Have to find some humor in this somewhere...