Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: IE7 and Outlook HTML e-mail create is slow

Thumbs down RE: Enough...

Dear Tashi,

Apparently you may have missed several of the great posts made by myself and by many other users that have already clearly established that Spybot is in fact not the cause of this problem. Obviously, the problem is with Zonemap handling in Outlook, and of course Spybot is a contributor due to its Immunization feature. I think you would be doing this message board a great service is you would review its posts a bit more thoroughly before attempting to question them.

I have done a tremendous job of isolating the causes of this problem and sharing them with the rest of this message board. I do not appreciate your attempt to negate everything that I have worked for by reiterating facts that have already been established. Perhaps if you were more attentive and thorough, this would not be an issue.

Furthermore, I do not appreciate your attempt to regulate my opinions, as what I posted was both fair and necessary. Your lack of professionalism, the pusillanimous nature of some of your posters (although not all, I am sure), and your inability to tolerate my candor are suspect and infuriating. As such, I will immediately resign my account with the Spybot forums, and I will leave the responsibility of dissecting and solving this issue to your team. Seeing as how you have made absolutely no progress until this thread was formed, I expect no results.

The readers of this thread may thank you for prolonging this problem, Tashi.

-Ronald Reagan

Esteemed Member

Quote Originally Posted by RonaldReagan View Post
    < SNIP >
    Obviously, the problem is with Zonemap handling in Outlook,
    < SNIP >
    No it isn't, it's an issue with changes to the Security operation of Internet Explorer 7, which is being called for HTML rendering by Outlook.

Your summary simply parallels the much more thorough work being done by those posting in the AumHa thread, including the much more complete summary to be found there. I recommend that those wishing to understand the real problem review that thread, especially Jim Eshelman's post which was also referenced earlier in this thread by member The4Bs.

http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?p=151711#151711

As such, I will immediately resign my account with the Spybot forums, and I will leave the responsibility of dissecting and solving this issue to your team. Seeing as how you have made absolutely no progress until this thread was formed, I expect no results.
    Thanks, since Spybot Search & Destroy has absolutely nothing to do with the core problem, I'd say that work has been completed. Since this thread was the first mention of the problem here, it would have been difficult to make any progress before anyone was notified of its existence.

The readers of this thread may thank you for prolonging this problem,
    Since Spybot S&D has nothing to do with the real problem, it also can't fix it. This is entirely an issue for Microsoft, since the real problem is between two of its products and its own definition of a portion of the registry. Thus the fix must be made within their code, if they are interested in fixing it at all.

Personally, I'd choose one of the workarounds mentioned above and forget about it until a fix is made available. It's just not that big a deal.

Bitman

This topic is closed, thanks everyone.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016