Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spybot Search&dESTROY SCAN GETS STUCK...

Default Spybot Search&dESTROY SCAN GETS STUCK...

hi guys,
    I have a problem with spybot S&D. I am tryig to do a full computer scan and arround 28864 (Smitfraud-C) it gets stuck for a long time (more than an hour now). Do you have any idea why? How to deal with it?

Last edited by ronenvvv; 2007-02-04 at 22:13.

Yup, just reinstalled and mine gets stuck here everytime, been a few hours since i left and came back and still same screen scanning as above

Angry Mine Too- Gets stuck at z-glob

I tired uninstalling and then reinstallation, but get the same results as the last post. I get stuck at the same place. The very first time I removed a cws bot on a new installation. Ever since then, spybot stops before finishing at zglob. Same clipped picture as the previous poster. Where do we go from here
    Last edited by bigboyer320; 2007-02-06 at 05:58.
    Television is the opiate of the masses! But computers are the "Borg"! Eric G. to Syracuse University graduation class.

Hello,

In case you are using a dated version of Spybot-S&D, as a first solution, please download the latest version Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4. This should fix the problem. You will find links to several download locations for this new version on our web site:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
    Please search for new updates after installing Spybot S&D 1.4.

If this doesn't help please delete the contents of your Windows temp folder and try it again: For that purpose, please run Spybot-S&D and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode". Now select "Tools" --> "Secure Shredder" from the navigation bar on the left. There select "Add files from temp folder" from the drop down menu on the top (hit the small arrow next to templates). Then "Chop it away!"

You can also try the following:
    - select "Settings" --> "Settings" in the navigation bar on the left and untick the checkbox in front of "display confirmation dialogs"
    - exit Spybot-S&D so the settings are saved
    - run Spybot-S&D and "Check for problems" again

Expect it to run slowly, it appears to hang. Please be patient - it should clear with the problems fixed.

If it still doesn't work please select "Settings" --> "Settings" from the toolbar on the left. In the section "Main settings" please untick the checkbox in front of "Create system restore point when fixing spyware/usage tracks".

Do you have installed the latest Advanced Check Libary update?
    Please search for new updates.

Further which anti-virus solutions do you run?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Norton Internet Security 2006

Scans fine until gets to Zlob, any way to deal or remove that specific file or substitute with something else?

Never had prob with this program until reinstalled just recently

Default Same problem for me

I have the identical problem. The scan gets to 57301/59900: Zlob.ZCodec and then doesn't complete even after it's been left for hours running at c. 95% CPU. The name Zlob.ZCodec appears at around 50000/59900 and then the numbers continue to increase to 57301 before stopping.

I'm not sure when it started but it's definitely been happening since last weekend. I run a scan on every startup and it downloads updates automatically before running. I am assuming that an update has caused this problem as I have not updated anything else and have not reinstalled Spybot as the other posters have.

I have tried the steps recommended above but the problem has not gone.

I am running Windows 2000, Outpost Firewall and Norton Antivirus.

Default More stuck scans

I am also experiencing prolonged scans with Spybot S & D 1.4 This has been the case for only about a month or two. After everything else is scanned, the scan sits on Zlob ZCodec for an hour or two. When the scan finally finishes it shows a deceptively short period of time. Today's scan shows 19:20 even though the scan actually took about 75 minutes. Today's scan reported, "No immediate threats were found." Previously my scans required about 10-15 minutes.

I am running Windows XP SP2 with all updates. I have a multiple-boot computer, and I believe that I have had the same experience when running Windows 2000, SP4.

I routinely check for and download all available updates before running scans. I also regularly empty the Temp folder.

Windows Task Manager shows that Spybot S & D is running even though the scan appears to have stalled.

I have Norton Antivirus (Norton Systemworks 2003) installed with Auto-Protect activated. I also have BitDefender 8 Free Edition installed without active protection.

I wonder if there is a bug in the software or in the malware definitions.

Default SB Stalls out

SB stalls out and locks on coolwwwsearch, # 6006/57569.
    I ran coolwwwsearch removal tool and I did not have it.
    I do not believe this computer has spyware. Its firefox web browser and spyware blaster and adaware all running on it scanning weekly and avg daily. Its a Dell p4 win xp pro. sp2.

I tried uninstalling, reinstalling.
    then uninstall reinstall new folder.
    also cleaned registry and tried reinstall.
    All the same spybot stalls out.

It looks like a spybot or windows update trashed the program as it stalls now.
    Any fixes?

Thanks
    Vis.
    Last edited by Vistronic; 2007-02-07 at 21:52.

Question Bump - no answers?

Does no-one have an idea about this?

Default Spybot stalls CPU 100%

Again same thing as before spybot stalls computer.
    Tried reinstall , reinstall new directory, deleted folder reinstall, control panel reinstall, install, and so on.
    Win xp pro sp2, nothing unusal running.
    Looks like spybot is down on this computer, may have to try avg anti-spy as subsitute. I really dont have the 4-8 hours to try and fix this. but if there is a fix please post ... if not spybot is going out... I like spybot but cant have something that locks computer.

I run AVG anti-virus.

Vis.
    Last edited by Vistronic; 2007-02-12 at 20:57.