Thread: NOT Spyware?

Default NOT Spyware?

This entry comes up in RED after the scan, but it is a legitimate updater for HandyBits programs like VoiceMail. If the updater file is removed/renamed, the program won't work.
    Teknum Updater

First your silly attachment manager tells me the file I'm trying to attach exceeds dimensions, so I cut the dimensions down well below the limit. Then the silly attachment manager tells me the BMP file is too large. It's a BMP, of course it's large. If you'd let me attach a JPG, it wouldn't be so big.

Ya'll have a lot more patience with this bullsh*t than I do.
    Thank you for your time and trouble.

Please send the file to detections(at)spybot.info for further analysis. Thanks in advance!
    "The advantage of wisdom is that you can always act the fool. The opposite is quite tough."

K. Tucholsky

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Retired

The reason why we detect update.exe as Teknum Updater is:
    Starts on system start even if automatic update is disabled. Never collecting personal data without explicit confirmation sounds good, but 'not annoying with unnecessary notifications' goes as far as not telling about the constantly in stealth running updater.

So it is not a false positive. If you want to keep the product on your computer you can ignore this detection.