Thread: Howdy and SB reg change denial question

Question Howdy and SB reg change denial question

I am newbie here. Don't know if this the right place to ask tech question. When I uninstall a program (winXP OS), SB res popup window warns of reg change, but bottom right side of options is blanked out. Cannot choose any option but remember and X close window. Resident denies change to reg. Any advice welcome - even if it's to take my question elsewhere - point me in the right direction if this is the wrong place to ask.
    :p :dancing-c

Question Howdy all!! Question about SB Resident - faulty popup window or conflict

Howdy everybody! I'm the newbie on the block or the motherboard if you prefer. Have a problem with SB Resident popup window - am running WinXP OS. When I uninstall a program/application, popup window warns of reg change - but bottom right side of options is blanked out. cannot choose any option but remember or X close window. then SB denies the change to reg. any advice?? Have already uninstalled SB and reinstalled latest version - same problem.
    Last edited by kawikasan; 2005-12-19 at 12:35.
    :p :dancing-c

Hello,

This is a little bug in version 1.4. We have already been able to locate and fix it. The fix will be downloadable with our next program upgrade. We hope that it will be available soon.
    As a current solution you can work with your keyboard. Use the cursor keys to switch between the buttons ("Allow" is on the left, "Deny" on the right) and the space key to enter your selection. You can also press "A" on your keyboard for "Allow change" or "D" for "Deny change". The Checkbox for "Remember this decision" will work correctly in spite of the graphical issue. If you don't like to use the above workarounds you can disable TeaTimer as follows:
    - Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident.
    - Uncheck the following: Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.
    For more information please have a look here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=44
    And you'll find a little workaround here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=122

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Two topics merged.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016