Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immunize Question

Default Immunize Question

How or where do i go to exclude an entry in the immunization feature in spy-bot.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

There is no facility within Spybot-S&D to selectively exclude individual items from the immunization process such as restricted zone entries and ActiveX blocking.

What are you trying to exclude?
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2007-02-09 at 07:37.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

I too would like to be able to unblock Commission Junction. I am working with an affiliate that uses them and the only way I can work with them is to use CJ. Is it possible to manually remove the Registry entry?

Thank You
    Rod

Rodneyblmachine:

Try the following:
    • Go into Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet options > Privacy tab > in the "Settings" section click "Sites" (see Note #1 below) > on the "Per Site Privacy Actions" screen under "Managed websites" scroll down until you find "commission-junction.com" (without the quotes) > highlight the entry and click the "Remove" button. Back out by doing OK > OK.
    • Note #1: If I remember correctly, on older versions of Internet Explorer 6 (pre XP SP2) to get to the "Per Site Privacy Actions" screen from the Privacy tab you have to click on the "Edit" button in the "Web Sites" section near the bottom.

Let me know if the above works or not. Spybot places multiple entries in the registry to block the "commission-junction.com" cookie and the above may not work to overcome those multiple entries. If it does not work we can try a different approach.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

That worked - I can now access the page I need. There were three different listings that I had to remove to get it to work.

I assume that I will have to remove them again whenever I do an update. Is that correct?

Thank You
    Rodney Davidson

rodneyblmachine:

The entries will have to be removed after each time you immunize. Since this is apparently is going to be ongoing process it may be easier to make up a .reg (Registry Editor) file that can be executed after you immunize to eliminate the entries.

What Windows OS are you running and what were the three entries?

I am using Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2.

The three listings were commissionjunction.com, commissionjunction.net and cj.com. I have since determined that the only one that needed to be removed is cj.com. I re-blocked the other two and the page I need still works.

Rodney Davidson

Rodney:

The entries blocking cookies for commissionjunction.net and cj.com don't come from Spybot's immunization. Are you using SpywareBlaster or some other product in addition to Spybot's immunization?

I am using SpywareBlaster but I had turned the protection off. Obviously that does not remove all entries. A lesson well learned. Thanks for all of your help.

Rodney Davidson

Rodney:

After "Disabling protection" in SpywareBlaster, you may have to restart your Internet Explorer sessions to get the "Disabling protection" to work.

I have attached a Rodneyblmachine.zip file that contains a Rodneyblmachine.reg file to delete the entries that SpywareBlaster adds to the registry to block cookies from cj.com. The content of the Rodneyblmachine.reg file is as follows:

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\cj.com]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\cj.com]
    You can try to use this file as follows:
    • Download the Rodneyblmachine.zip file.
    • Unzip (extract) the Rodneyblmachine.reg to a convenient location.

After each time you "Enable protection" with SpywareBlaster:
    • Double click on Rodneyblmachine.reg file.
    • Answer "Yes" then "OK" to the messages received.