Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Microsoft security center_disabled/by Zone Alarm??

Default MicrosoftSecurityCenter_Disabled

Norton and Trend Micro but they may not be up to date. I know Trend Microw isn't.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

billyscotth:

Read the following post and see if it applies:

The post is from:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Unfortunately I dont think it does apply because I checked my Norton and it was never fully activated. It must have come with a bundle and I never activated it so other than Trend Micro Office San which should be pretty out of date, I dont think I have any other anti virus stuff.

I did go through some of the other steps as prompted in the reply and in doing so, within "Properties" of MS security Syst. some of what was suggested didn't apear but under "General" at the bottom of the window it has a small message stating "Service Status: Stopped" wherein there lies a button next to it which says "Start" so I pressed that and I get an error message stating: "Could not start Security Center Service on local Computer. Error 123: The filename, directory name, or volume lable system is incorrect." Also under "Recovery" it says "Pick the computers response if this service fails" all three selections show "Take No Action". Am I in trouble here or what?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

billyscotth:

You could try the fix located here:

Warning: Although the information on that site is generally reliable, I have never tried the fix, so use it entirely at your own risk.

The same problem was encountered by lambo1989 in this thread, but they never responded if it corrected the problem or not:

If you use the fix, please let us know if it worked or not.

Thank You

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Do you know anything about that company? Ramesh's site? Are they trustworthy?

For the site itself:I've been to the site alot,and find it trustworthy,in my own opinion.
    There is a little info here about the site's author:
    https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...4-A9C3C02CB67B