Thread: smitfraud-c but slightly different

Default smitfraud-c but slightly different

dear users

You'll have to forgive me if you have seen similar messages to mine but im new so sorry once again...

My girlfriends profile on the computer started to act very strange, firstly it locked up, she tried to restart using ctrl alt & del but with no luck, so then switched the computer off at the wall. she hadnt opened any suspicious programmes, files etc, and hadnt been doing much surfing on the net, the desktop has changed, reverted to windows 98 and wont allow access to certain programmes like MSN, Zonealarm

Spybot S&D V1.4 detected Smitfraud-c which explained what it does....however unlike other peoples experiences of this problem i have received no warning to say i have a virus, no notices wanting to take me to a link,and nothing asking me to pay for a fix, all thats changed is the desktop which cannot be changed back to XP style

While Spybot has detected this problem and says it has fixed it, i assure you this problem still persists

Thanks for taking the time to read my post, any help is greatly appreciated, i dont know how to do hijackthis logs, so if i need to do one please explain, sorry

once again
    thanks

Get legally married!

Then you'll have Mrs. SmitHog, and the other will go away.

Then: after Mrs. SmitHog has 1/2 your toys and assets, she leaves you.

At best, it's for another man.
    At worst, it's for another woman.

That's how marriage works.

Now: What was the original question?
    Last edited by groucho; 2007-02-10 at 18:47. Reason: Isn't Mothers Day the 14th? I love my mum.

Welcome hedgehog.

If you would like someone to look at a hjt log and check the System, please follow the procedure in this link:
    "BEFORE you POST" -Preliminary Steps

Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum

A helper will advise you as soon as available.

Cheers.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016