Thread: Update Question

Default Update Question

I see in the update list: "Main Update" 1.4 dated 6/10/05, is this all I need to go from version 1.3 to 1.4? Sorry if I'm behind the times...and thanks for your time.
    patmac

Hello,

It is our real main update to version 1.4.
    The date shown is older than the actual date, because Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4 has been released some time ago.
    We did actually underestimat the number of installations of version 1.3 which did not manually update to 1.4. So we just recently added the main update as a general update for version 1.3.
    It is a recommended update since version 1.3 has outdated features that do not support all of the new detection rules.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Thank you. I tried downloading and installing 1.4 today, and it gets to the point where it is installing and extracting files, and fails with the following error: Error occured while trying to replace existing file:
    DeleteFile failed; code 5
    Access denied.
    I tried "retry" several times, but no go. I aborted (only other option was "ignore") and it rolled everything back.
    Any help will be much appreciated and thanks for your time.
    patmac

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

patmac:

If you are installing on a system that has user accounts with different levels of authority, are you installing from a Computer Administrator account that has authority to add/delete directories/files and manipulate the system registry?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Yes, I'm installing on the Administrator account. The only other is a Limited User account.

Can anyone help with this?? Thanks

Question

I have this same problem. I'm trying to update from Version 1.3 and I get the identical message. I also chose "Abort." I am on a family network of computers (4 computers in the house, linked wirelessly) and I am the Administrator. I am trying to install this on the main (Administrator's) computer where I have Administrator's rights.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

Mary