Thread: Completely messed up spybot

Angry Completely messed up spybot

hi i have windows 95 and was previously using s&d 1.3
    i updated to 1.4 and it doesnt work, first the message that it is linked to user32.dll:EndMenu. appears so i tried to download a new copy of user32.dll
    then i get the message that CreateProcess failed; code 31 a device attached to the system is not functioning then i getThe TEATIMER.EXE file is linked to missing export USER32.DLL:MsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx. then i get Unable to execute file: C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 31.
    A device attached to the system is not functioning

so i read through forums and it said to reinstall version 1.3 so i downloaded it and tried to reinstall it but the same things happen so i figured that maybe spybot 1.4 is still installed so i try to uninstall it and the message Messages file "C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPYBOT - SEARCH & DESTROY\UNINS000.msg" is missing. Please correct the problem or obtain a new copy of the program. pops up and i see no where on the web where this message is referenced, can u please help me figure out wat is wrong with my program

thanks

Talking Yay

i just tried completely removing the version that was installed and it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    get a new compatible version out there quickly :P thanks

Hello,

I'm afraid there's no compability with Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4 and Windows 95 at the moment.
    We are trying to fix this. You can work with Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.3 until the fix is ready.
    Here is the link for the direct download:
    http://www.oldapps.com/spybot.htm
    Please search for new updates after installing Spybot S&D 1.3.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot