Thread: Spybot-teatime Scan Log

Default Spybot-teatime Scan Log

By posting this first post here IAM EXTENDING MY INTRODUCTORY HELLO TO ALL THE FELLOW MEMBERS HERE.

Iam a complete NEWBIE as far as computers are concerned so please bear with me if sometimes things sound too primitive or basic to the GEEKS OF THE FORUM.

Ihave been(with utmost delight) using SPYBOT-S&D for the last couple of months but was not aware of the TEATIME funtion,so after reading about it in the BLEEPING COMPUTER tutorial,I DOWNLOADED,INSTALLED,UPDATED AND NOW RUNNING IT(ITS THERE ALWAYS IN THE SYSTEM TRAY).

The scan log says something like this:

DENIED VALUE
    (53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-2644-206D7942484F)

WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS AND HOW TO CORRECT IT ,IF NEEDED

ALSO IN THE MANAGE ADDON LIST OF THE IE THE SAME VALUE IS LISTED AS
    BROWSER HELPER OBJECT OF SAFERNETWORKINGLTD file SDHelper.dll and is disabled.

Iguess it has something to do with resident protection(TEA TIME ) and should normally be enabled

ALSO,IS IT POSSIBLE /ADVISABLE TO PUT TEATIME ON AND OFF,AS PER THE NEEDS OR SHOULD IT LEFT ON ALWAYS(Does it in any way slow internet speeds/downloads)
    Once exited,what is the way to put TEATIME on again

THANKING IN ANTICIPATION

CHEERS

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

qrius2noall:

Welcome to the forum.

I believe that you may have meant to post "53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F" as opposed to "53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-2644-206D7942484F".

GUID (Globally Unique Identifier) = "{53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F}" belongs to Spybot's "SDHelper" BHO (Browser Helper Object) a.k.a. Internet Explorer bad download blocker.

I believe that you may have denied the addition of the Browser Helper Object to the system registry which would have prevented Spybot's "SDHelper" BHO from being enabled. Unfortunately, I can not tell from the following information exactly what occurred because the full log entry was not posted:

DENIED VALUE
    (53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-2644-206D7942484F)
    Please post the entire log entry.

There are actually three (3) ways to access the Resident log:
    1. Right click on the TeaTimer (Spybot-SD Resident) system tray icon and select Show Log.
    2. Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident.
    3. Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the Resident.log file located in one of the following directories:
      • Windows 95 or 98:
        C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
      • Windows ME:
        C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
      • Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
        C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs

Double click on Resident.log file and it should open with Notepad.

To copy information from the log into the Clipboard:
    • Highlight the portion of the log that you want to copy.
    • Then right click on the log and select Copy.

Information from the Clipboard can be pasted (Ctrl+V) into a document or post.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.