Thread: Search and Find with Regalyzer

Default Search and Find with Regalyzer

Greetings Pepe

I've been using Regalyzer for a long long time now, and i find it very useful as a Regedit replacement, however there is still one very important function in Regedit which is the reason why I'm still using it as much as Regalyzer.

That is a Regedit's Find function, although Search and Replace are great and very useful functions in Regalyzer, often i do need Regedit Find function too.
    So it would be nice to see that function implemented in some future releases.
    (if it's possible off course)

Just a suggestion from a long time Regalyzer user.

Hmmm which kind of "Find" function?t the Search in RegAlyzer more comfortabel, with a list of results allowing you to jump back and forth between results? You can imho use it in the same way as the original, even jump to results while it still is searching in the background if its about speed?
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Eh it's kind of hard to explain, but I'll try.

I agree that Search in RegAlyzer is beyond compare more comfortable for various tasks, and I'm using it regularly when I want to analyze or compare results, when I want see in how many occurrences some word appears in registry, when I want to replace some values, and many many more...

I don't know if I'm missing something here: quote "You can imho use it in the same way as the original" But how?

Here is the point, for example there is a word "Nick" in 12 occurrences in my registry and in every occurrence I have to change something different involving word "Nick" whether if it's a various contents of a key, string or dword named "Nick", and even sole name "Nick" in 2 occurrences.

These various tasks all involving word "Nick" are much easier and faster to do by using Regedit's Find function, because it jumps from one value to another (by simply hitting F3 key) and offering you freedom to quickly change what ever you want to change, whether if it is sole name "Nick", various contents of a key, strings or dwords named "Nick" or even some content that is near word "Nick" and then by pressing F3 key you just move to another. I hope this is understandable.

Thanks for attention, I know it's a pretty strange request but it's not without a logic!

An idea that just yesterday came into my mind was to have buttons that would jump between search results... so you could use the existing search function, it would automatically jump to the first result, and continue searching in the background while you could always press some hotkey to jump to the next search result (if more were found already).

That would probably combine the advantages of the background scan (less delays when "stopping" at single results) with the advantage of easy switching between results...
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Great idea, a real nice compromise solution!

I know that Spybot is your primary project here, so I hope you'll have time and will for this. I'm looking forward for its implementation in some future releases.
    Last edited by niko32; 2007-02-23 at 17:56.