Thread: transfering spybot

Default transfering spybot

I would like to setup spybot with certain settings and schedule on one computer. Is it possible to copy spybot with these settings and schedule to other machines? And what files or folders would I transfer to the new computer to make it run like the orginal? Thanks for your help.

Esteemed Member

First, if you're using this in a corporate (including school) setting, you should be aware that this use is not free, though it comes with the following abilities. See the link for more about this version.

http://www.safer-networking.ie/en/home/index.html
    For the specific needs of corporate LANs/WANs we designed a tool called "Intranet Server for Spybot - Search & Destroy" which will help you to:

• get updates automatically from our server
    • store these updates on your servers for easy access for your clients
    • reduce traffic on your internet connection
    • keep a centralized standard configuration for your needs
    • send a report of the client scan to the admin
    • schedule scans at the client machines
    Otherwise, Spybot S&D can be carried on a CD or Flash Drive, but the scheduling is done with Windows Scheduler, so I'm not certain how portable those configurations are.

Bitman

Thanks for your help, I have only 3 machines at home so I just downloaded from site and changed the settings on each. I was mainly thinking of doing my in-laws and some family members but downloading is just as fast. Thanks again.