Thread: Can't Uninstall Spybot S&D V1.4

Default Can't Uninstall Spybot S&D V1.4

I have noticed that since updating to V1.4 I can't access any of the help files: help, tutorial or index. I thought that maybe there are some corrupted files so I set out to uninstall and re-install the program. Itried to do so using the add/remove programs control panel but got this message when I attempted to remove;
    C:\\Program Files\Spybot-Search & Destroy\unis000.dat does not exist. Cannot uninstall.
    Any suggestions on how best to proceed?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Reinstalling will recreate the unins000.dat file. It may even correct the problem with help files without uninstalling first.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Hello,

Uninstalling via the add/remove programs does not function.

In order to completely uninstall Spybot - Search & Destroy, please consider the following link:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/27.html

It is important to use the 'very small fix'. This is how to use it:
    On our website please right-click the 'very small fix'-link and choose 'Save as'.
    The small fix will then be downloaded. Now you can execute it with a double click on its symbol.
    If this does not work, you can right click the small fix download and choose 'Merge'.
    Now all entries that belong to Spybot - Search & Destroy will be deleted from the registry.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot