Thread: Why doesn't the Spybot icon show up in my system tray?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Red face Why doesn't the Spybot icon show up in my system tray?

I loaded Spybot S&D on my daughter's computer and the icon doesn't show up in the system tray. I checked all of her settings and they are the same as mine, but I have the icon in my system tray. She has the same version as me. Do you know what's causing this? Does it mean it isn't running on her computer? I have the teatimer checked on her settings. Thanks!

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

The Spybot-SD Resident (TeaTimer) icon in the system tray (system notification area) is only present when TeaTimer is running. TeaTimer is optionally activated during installation by checking the fillowing item on the "Select Additional Tasks" screen:
    • Use system settings projection (TeaTimer)

To activate TeaTimer after installation:
    • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident.
    • Check (if unchecked) the following item:
      • Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

I am also experiencing this, with teatimer active. The only way I can get the icon to show is to disable teatimer thru the resident tab, and then re-enable teatimer. I suspect, however, that this is caused by trend micro 07, and not a problem with spybot, at least on my machine.