Thread: TT 1.5.0.6 - Winlogon DefaultUsername

Default TT 1.5.0.6 - Winlogon DefaultUsername

On a multi-user XP Pro, TeaTimer 1.5.0.6 prompts for the Winlogon DefaultUsername change when 1 user logs out and another logs in. Why? Can't you just ignore this change, it's a legit change and there's no harm in always allowing this change.

Version 1.5.0.5 didn't do this and I was hoping it was going to stay like this.

I know I can add a rule to remember the change but it needs to be added for each account name and also the window that tells you the change was allowed still shows up. Pretty annoying if you ask me ...

Thanks for considering a fix for this.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

The detection by TeaTimer of a change to the DefaultUsername is not new to TeaTimer 1.5.0.6. It happened in TeaTimer 1.4 as well. See the following threads for two examples:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    The detection by TeaTimer of a change to the DefaultUsername is not new to TeaTimer 1.5.0.6. It happened in TeaTimer 1.4 as well. See the following threads for two examples:
    Yes, I know that, but it was gone from 1.5.0.5 and I was hoping it would stay like that.