Thread: Access Violation at 74E50B09 at shutdown

Default Access Violation at 74E50B09 at shutdown

Thank you for Spybot S&D! And thanks for cleaning up the cosmetic issue with the notification dialog for registry changes - it is very hard to see what you're approving (unless you cheat and run M$Antispy at the same time :=)

Every time I shut down my system I have two dialog boxes. One shows:
    "Access violation at address 74E50B09. Read of address 74E50B09." The other one is a "Not responding ... OK/Cancel" dialog for Spybot S&D. This is XP SP2 up to date on critical patches etc. I'm concerned because until I looked at some of the messages here it looked a bit suspicious. And I've seen enough strange things lately that I need to ask.

Is this a known bug with 1.4 (last updated 16 December 2005)?

Thanks!
    Rob

Hi there.
    I am not sure if there is a correlation but there is a topic here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...=5002#post5002

What security programs do you have installed?

Cheers.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default Access Violation at shutdown

Hi,
    I did see another few threads that hit on the same issue thought the address didn't match. I'm running M$Antispy, NSW 2006, AdAware SE. I guess that's it, other than Spybot.

Thanks,
    Rob

Default Access violation at address 74E50B09

HI Spybot team,

Sorry for posting in here, but I have the same problem. The same happens to me: a dialog displaying "Access violation at address 74E50B09. Read of address 74E50B09." and a dialog in which WINDOWS is trying to terminate the program (Spybot S&D v1.4) and then asks me if I want to terminate it my self. If I click on "OK" in the "Access violation..." dialog (there's no other option to choose from), WINDOWS shuts him self down as it has to. Like robcoh, I also use Windows XP - SP2 with all critical updates. Maybe that's not a coincidence. Maybe that's something related to Windows XP - SP2? That "Access violation..." happens only when TeaTimer has detected something (example: change in the registry) during the Windows session. Except for Spybot S&D, the only one other similar program which is running is avast v4.6. Please help!

Thank you for the help in advance!

is there something going on with this error
    I am not sure if there is a correlation but there is a topic here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...=5002#post5002
    i doubt it, and linking lots of threads around, doesn't help.

may i suggest using a more appropriate way to report bugs such as bugzilla

Default Same problem

I did receive the same error after I installed a security program with Spybot TeaTimer on. The program's name is Spyware Terminator.

Seriously, is there a way to fix this? Or is this just a spontaneous response of TeaTimer that only occurred when you try to install another program?