Thread: Spybot Search & Destroy and SpywareBlaster.

Default Spybot Search & Destroy and SpywareBlaster.

In IE7 I have 'hardened' the Internet Security Settings considerably, including disabling Active Scripting. Scripted websites which I absolutely trust are added to Trusted sites.
    Among these are websites from highly reputable financial institutions and Microsoft/Windows update sites.

This arrangement has been working for me just fine for a very long time. However, recently some of these trusted websites do not open in the Trusted zone anymore but instead trying to open in the Internet zone. Needless to say that since Active Scripting is disabled in the Internet Zone the websites won't open correctly.

I reset IE7 numereous times, always followed by enabling all (updated) protections SpywareBlaster and Spybot S&D have to offer. The problem did not go away.

Well, I reset IE7 again but this time without utilizing either Spywareblaster and Spybot S&D and was pleasantly surprised that the websites I added to the Trusted zone do open in accordance with my original settings.

I tested this arrangment by applying the protection/immunization facilities (one at the time) provided by SpywareBlaster/Spybot S&D and same problem recurred. To be sure, I conducted this test three times with the same results.

Based on this, I am pretty cerain that the immunization/protection facilities of both Spywareblaster and Spybot S&D are causing this occurrence.

The websites in question are:

http://*.guestmcleod.com.au
    https://*.visiweb.com.au
    hxxxx://personal.macquarie.com.au

Is it possible to tweak Spybot S&D not to interfer with these websites?

Thanks in advance for taking time responding to my request.

Rgds,
    Charly.
    Last edited by tashi; 2007-03-06 at 09:15. Reason: Disabled third url

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Charly:

Neither Spybot's immunization nor SpywareBlaster's protection facility add registry entries that deal with the following sites:
    • www.guestmcleod.com.au
    • www.visiweb.com.au
    • personal.macquarie.com.au

So I have no idea what could be tweaked.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thanks for responding.

Well, the Moderators of Wilders Security Forums agree with your view. But there appears to be a bug in IE7. 'Javacool' was able to reproduce this pestering issue and found a fix for it!

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=958015

I couldn't be happier

Kind regards,
    Charly.