Thread: Please hurry against the Fake Activation Windows virus

Default Please hurry against the Fake Activation Windows virus

Hello,

I either have Activate Windows virus, it infects when it disable both Spybot and Windows Defender, either Windows has a corruption somewhere in his database, no idea if user side or server side.

My Windows 10 OEM is more then 5 years old, so no reason for it to be not real. Was an Windows 8.1 Upgrade.

The virus is known to lock screen and to ask buying a fake new key.

I decided to stay with my Windows, as here in France the pro licence has too high price, and I prefer spending my money in things I need, mostly studies and health. I'll buy the official one at Windows Official Website later.

Many months that I have this issue that comes back 5/7 days, and today, Windows is taking time to check my licence :/

It says it couldn't communicate with Windows Activation Server. And I am on Wifi. Thanks =)

I think I will save all and maybe order Linux just in case.

Thank you very much =)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello waterreedshimmer,

It might be best for someone to take a look at the system, please see the Malware Removal Forum sticky which includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide the logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and aswMBR, which are logs used in the preliminary analysis.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Then start a new topic in that forum providing the logs so a volunteer analyst can assist.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Hello waterreedshimmer,

What happened here:

hacker deleted Pictures and Documents folder content in Windows 10

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topi...in-windows-10/

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.
    Best regards.

Edit
    Topic in the malware forum:
    https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...489#post482489

This thread has been closed.
    Last edited by tashi; 2018-12-02 at 20:35. Reason: Closed.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Hello,

Thanks for the reply to my PM (no idea how to answer it),

At that time I had reset from inside Windows (that's where I got " franc " as user, not sure if at the first reset, was when I wrote " Françoise ".

Thank you very much for this deep work, and I'm very sorry for the panic and for having written so many messages, as I wasn't understanding at all what was going on, and thought those files did came from the malware or ransomware, couldn't think could come from my free anti-ransomware, as I don't understand none of this and as was the first time that it did happen to me.

I am very sorry.

No idea when I will be back on Windows and with you. I have tons to do, but I have an extra key just for me some day. Windows might phone me if they find Malware or Ransomware parallel to their Activation actions. And that I can't know. Must be hard to find.

For the moment seems like my printer works on my Linux, and as I have too much to do, if I don't worry too much with technical problems on Linux too, they have bugs ^^, I won't go back to Windows on a while. But I have my gamer mouse and my bought programs that only works on Windows 10 or less. I might not use them this year. But one day, all will be fixed, I will wait till my job, till my next computer, I'm very likely to double boot again.

So thank you Tachi and Juliet and have a nice day =) =) =)

You can close this topic too =)