Thread: Import and Open Reg-File getting stuck

Default Import and Open Reg-File getting stuck

Well, RegAlyzer is a wonderful tool. For instance searching and replacing values within the registry is really, what I was looking for.

But last week I tried to import a regLocal.reg file (about 20 MB) not with the regedit but with the RegAlyzer for the first time. It got stuck after 30 seconds - no comment, no error message. The task viewer showed no I/O any more but some minor changes of the memory allocation.

After some further trials to import I tried to simply open the file with the "Open Registry File" Menu. What shall I say - the same procedure as every time.

I loaded the file with the editor - everything ok so far - a lovely "regf v4"-File til the end of file - nothing unusual.

BTW: The regedit imports that file and builds the structures correct, but it doesn't set the data (values). So all the substructures of SOFTWARE remain empty.

Seems a little bug still in RegAlyzer. Do you have a debug version to get the problem?
    Last edited by richi; 2007-03-12 at 14:51.

Took some time, but I wanted to replace the registry reader with more complete code (as used in Spybot-S&D) anyway. That code is importing everything properly now, will be in the next release. A progress bar for such a huge import might also be helpful
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

OK, but try some exports (reg-File-creations) too from S&D and try to import them into a new registry branch. You'll find lots of format incompatibilities to the original data structures, which leads to wrong new structures or non-assignements.