Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Solution to fix the pop-ups in TeaTimer

Default Absolutely smashing!

Marvellous! Wonderful! Great! Superb!

TONS of thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are an:

Vee3012 from Berlin/Germany

Default Mas vale Piedra en mano...( I rather have a stone...

Gracias, Thank. Just waht i needed. I had a hard time getting to cope with this issue. Thank a lot Piedra.

Spanish:
    Gracias, Exactamente lo que necesitaba.

Default Take responsibility

Well, I am finally trying again after a year and a half to install 1.4. This time I found these fixes in the forum. Thanks to you who took the time to share these fixes. I will try them soon. If they do not work, I will be posting again. To those who poo on the critics of this bug: how many man hours have been wasted since June 2005 answering emails about this bug? How many man hours have been wasted searching forums for a fix? How many man hours were wasted finding and sharing those fixes? How many man hours were wasted downloading software that most people ultimately removed because of this bug? How much bandwidth (i.e., money) was wasted on the downloads for the fixes? Both Safer Networking and all of us have wasted time on this "freeware" bug for 21 months. Time is money. ALWAYS. I wasted several hours myself after I first installed this and found only an explanation of why the bug found its way into the release. The "fix" supplied by Safer Networking might have been fine for me, but others that use the two PCs I own would be at a loss. So I stuck with 1.3. Luckily, I still had a copy of the EXE on a disc. I only upgrade now because apparently that is the only way to stop getting false positives in Spybot. Who knows what real positives are not showing because of this? BTW, 21 months is just about the longest run of any "point" release I've heard of, even for freeware. I feel for the developers, but it seems they were using this software when they developed 1.3, so I would think the problem is just as much theirs as it is Delphi's. In their News from June 2005, they write as if to suggest that a new release is soon to follow. It is March 2007. I think this is more about the stubbornness of the developer than anything else. It is a big deal. If all freeware were developed with the same attitude in thinking, none would be worth using. Developers have a responsibility to the end user once making a product available to the public. You won't find it any agreement, but it is there. It is in every update that some poor soul slaves over to fix an issue on 4% of all the PCs that use that software. They do it for free. It's a matter of pride in one's own work. The difference between some and others is that the responsible developer is proud without being stubborn. A responsible developer would have integrated a fix soon after the fixes were posted to the forum. Freeware does not excuse developers from that responsibility to the public (I'm sure tens if not hundreds of millions of people use this software). I now return the soapbox to the corner and to my desk to hopefully resume more productive pursuits (been looking for some HQ Josie Maran pics).

There are fixes posted in this thread,but there's also a beta available now.You can see more about it in this post here(about halfway down):
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...29&postcount=2

If you're okay with trying a beta,you could have a look.

thx very much for that...
    that issue has been buggin the hell outta me for far to long

Default Finally

I run 1024x768 resolution (96 DPI) on a 19" CRT. The GUI Patch shows the buttons, but cuts off the bottom. Purely a cosmetic complaint. Probably designed for 1280x1024 res. Didn't try ResHack. Anyway, I checked here again and found Zenobia's response. Good thing I posted. Now I know about the beta for Tea Timer 1.5, which shows the box perfectly, now. Problem finally solved. I had to manually install "teatimer1506-setup.exe" from the Spybot - Search & Destroy\Updates folder, though. The auto update failed but didn't report it had failed. Why is this one still in beta? I see no obvious bugs in this one, unlike 1.4, which still has the obvious. Thanks Zenobia. I appreciate the heads up. A lot learned. Best I can tell the beta has been around since December. Maybe if I looked at page 20 or so of this thread, I would have seen something about it. They need to have a beta page (listed in the main menu). Save a lot of time and effort all around.

You're welcome.

Default Thanx

Works beautifully thank you!
    Assumption is the mother of all ****-ups.

I posted here sometime last summer about the problem I was having with Tea Timer or at least not being able to see which box to click on when the option comes up asking if I will accept or deny something. I was unable to correct the problem and due to many other responsibilities, I didn't have time to continue trying.

It's been so long I can't remember now how to navigate the board here to find my earlier posts and in fact, it took awhile to find a box where I could type. I hope this is the correct place since I see a box above with a place for Title. I hope I'm not creating a new thread.

Anyway, recently, I had to make a choice about accepting something and apparently, with my trying to guess, clicked on the Deny box. Since that time it's been impossible for me to do anything with Spybot and I can't even get the updates now because all the little boxes start stacking up on the right side of the screen blocking anything. The only way I could get rid of the boxes was to use Control-Alternate-Delete.

I had tried to quit using the Advanced Mode (since it was more advanced than me) and although I clicked on Default, it goes back to Advanced.

My husband suggested I just get rid of the Spybot version I have been running and upload a fresh one. If I do this should I go to the Control Panel to delete the one I've been running and then just start from scratch? Or should I get a new one first and then delete the old one? And I should probably just stick with the Default Mode or Advanced without Tea Timer since I really am not sure how to work with it.

Thanks for any help.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

drafm:

If you just want to stop using TeaTimer without uninstalling, reinstalling, etc.:

Exit TeaTimer:
    • Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon (Spybot-SD Resident).
    • Click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident.

To keep TeaTimer from restarting the next time you restart your system:
    • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident.
    • Uncheck (if checked) the following:
      • Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.