Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Solution to fix the pop-ups in TeaTimer

Thumbs up THX a Lot

Here is another BIG THX for the nice automated patch. When I saw it, my first thought was "thats' a way, even me I should be able to safely patch the little bug". Great Job!

To all the ones who complain here "blabla PMK should have patched long time now blabla" - and I think fortunately them are here on board in a minority:
    If you get something for free - you shouldn't complain for little scratches and make a big thing out of it! Instead of that be happy, that there is still people in life who make you such a great gift like Spybot S&D.
    In a world, where everything is just about money, money and once again money it's anything else than usual, that you can get such a powerfull tool for free. And even if you donated - to get a tool like this, hey this is a gift!

Thanks to PepiMK and all the wonderfull people who help him to develop this tool further on, and all the wonderfull people who spend day by day their time here to help us with our problems.

Respect!

Regards
    RollaCoasta

Quote Originally Posted by murdo
    it is the button on the left

Thanks for letting me know

Lightbulb Option: Hit the "A" or "D" key

You can also use your keyboard to push the correct button. A= accept change D= deny change while the teatimer dialog window is up.

I also patched my teatimer.

Default ... and the rest is silence

For some time already this thread had such a nice, neat and easy solution I was surprised it wasn'n closed yet and to know about some fuss going on.
    I would like to second each and every word of RollaCoasta and apologize to the A+ Spybot team for the fact that not everybody can recognize such a precious help when they get it.
    Fortunately, all the rest of us do.

Default A suggestion ...

I looked through the onboard Help in my Spybot but I could not find any entries related to the Resident's display issue.

Just a thought, but if the Help files are updated again before the new version comes out maybe recognition of or information appropriate to this situation could be included? Or maybe even a page with the manual fix instructions?

Today 17:35
    Oppressed I looked through the onboard Help in my Spybot but I could not find any entries related to the Resident's display issue.

Just a thought, but if the Help files are updated again before the new version comes out maybe recognition of or information appropriate to this situation could be included? Or maybe even a page with the manual fix instructions?
    Because this problem afaik will be fixed in the new version.
    There is no 100% software solution to safeguarding one's OS setup. Only redundancy in separate media i.e. another HDD, in my case. I clone (Acronis MigrateEasy) my HDD every 2-5wks.

Thank you ElPiedra! Thank you murdo! I never could have introduced people to Spybot if I hadn't found this. (Sure, I can memorize hotkeys myself.....but my mum?)

I'm just glad I found this thread -- I'd already seen another couple of threads that said "yeah, this is a known problem, and it'll be fixed some day".

I appreciate and fully agree with the view that we can't tell the Spybot developers what to do; I'm happy with what we've got, (now that I've found a fix, at least).

Still, it would be really handy to have a link from this page:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/news/2005-06-22.html
    to the current thread. Who knows how many mothers will otherwise be forced to turn away from the software? A tragedy that can be avoided if there's a link in place (as long as their sons or daughters are available to help install the patch :D)

Exclamation Found it!

Quote Originally Posted by murdo
    You didn't follow the instructions properly.

The patch you got elsewhere specifically targets "TeaTimer.exe" in the default install path, hence why it worked.

My patch does not contain this path as not everyone has it in the default place! Therefor, you should of either put the file in the program folder, or pressed the "..." button to locate the "TeaTimer.exe" file.

Sorry it took you so long to fix it, at least it's done now.

I should also appologies for not putting instructions with the patch. I thought it would be obvious, I should not of made that assumption. Sorry once again.
    I didn't even know that the other forum was back up yet... and I did not know of the existance of this one till today when I stumbled on it somehow.

To everyone that has used my patch, thanks! and I'm glad I was able to help you.

@murdo
    First of all, my patch does target the default path, as most users do install it there, (tho that is unwise cause it makes it even easier for spyware to target and harm it) and there is nothing wrong with that, cause the rest of the ppl who have installed it elsewhere can click the button and select the correct directory. Secondly, I find it interesting that you indirectly criticized my patch, yet I have posted detailed information on that other forum as to how I developed and tested my patch, and your patch was developed using the exact same tool I used 'PE Explorer' and the patch was created in the same patching engine 'CodeFusion Wizard'. My descriptions didn't perchance inspire 'your' patch did they?
    Last edited by SyreneD; 2005-12-16 at 16:15.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

SyreneD:

Good to see you here.

I published your one byte patch in the following post:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...0&postcount=38

With these comments:

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan
    There is also a one byte patch that appears to work. It was originally posted Sept. 28, 2005 by SyreneD in the net-integration forum:
    http://net-integration.us/forums/ind...dpost&p=160216

Unfortunately the link to the patch itself in the above post is broken so I have attached a copy of that patch to this post.
    I personally consider your patch superior to the patch provided by murdo because it only modifies the one byte height attribute on the "Remember this decision" line of TeaTimer's pop-up dialog the same as the ResHacker fix did, as opposed to three bytes in the murdo patch.

Thanks for sharing the patch with us,
    md usa spybot fan
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2005-12-18 at 09:47.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Hello SyreneD.
    Welcome to the new forum.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016