Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Solution to fix the pop-ups in TeaTimer

Default My 2 cents..

At first I thought this whole issue with the buttons was just a specific computer issue..
    Then I thought it might be because a machine used to have SpyBot 1.3 on it..
    Then I thought perhaps it's just display settings..
    Then I thought - ok.. doesn't seem to be me, they'll release an update for it..

Today I come here and find out, "Yes, we know it's a bug, but we choose not to release the fix for it". This, I have to say, shocked me.

One would assume, if it's a known bug, that significantly impacts users (try explaining to your grandparents what to do!!) that an update would be released.. especially if other updates are being made. In 1.3 a patch to the executable was released (the one that closed and relaunched SB S&D), so it can be done.

Going back to the "grandparents" point.. they're not going to patch a binary by hand, and most certainly shouldn't be encouraged to just download arbitrary executables from a forum post. Downloading any old .exe from a forum post (no offence to the authors of said patches) triggers alarm bells for me generally..

RE the point of lots of downloads - each new person downloading the buggy version is another person having to download the fix..

At least this should be in the FAQ at http://www.spybot.info/en/faq/index.html ...

Yes, SB S&D is free - but you have to take into account parts of the target audience who use automated removal tools for the reason they're not that computer literate. At least, I guess, the post on this has been made "sticky" so it appears at top of forum.

Thumbs up Thnx ElPiedra

The fix actually worked...thnx...it works great now.....I can't believe its just a number problem within a line of code.
    I also read that the checkbox problem was caused by a program software S&D creators used to make SpyBot S&D. I guess they wouldn't use that program again to make SpyBot S&D.
    Thnx again....

Thumbs down Solution to fix the pop-ups in TeaTimer

Thanhs a lot.
    It runs in a very simple way.

Should every problem be such easy to sold.

Nova

Default Solution to fix the pop-ups in TeaTimer

Brilliant. Instant success; instant gratitude.

Nick
    T43-2668F5G in UK

I just want to thanks murdo for his patch.

Just becaus of this lil bug I have uninstalled and reinstalled Spybot S&D several times. Unfortunatly I did not find this forum earlier. Now, I think I will be one of the sef websurfer at last due to murdo's patch.

Thanks murdo.

Default Makes no sense

There's no sense I can see in the downloaded version still including this bug. I've got to say, it's bloody stupid.

Thanks for the patch!

Red face Whew!

Thanks to all fix/patch posters. I too have been battling that dumb bug since downloading 1.4. Silly me, I fussed with it for 2 days because I thought it might be my browser (poor neglected Netscape 7), or that I'd corrupted my software or etc., etc. Then, praise the "gods", I decided to look for a Spybot forum. AHA! Problem solved. Thanks to all.

Suggestion. When a fix like this is available, could a special forum (call it Fixes) be set up for all to look at? Another forum I go to quite often (ZoneAlarm) has something similar.

Meanwhile, waiting with baited breath for 1.5 ..............

Unhappy back again

Hi, I did the patch-fix and it worked. I turned my computer off and following bootup I changed something in the startup list in the tools section. I got a warning from tea timer and the same problem was back. Anyone else have this happen?

Default fixed my change msconfig problem

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan
    alpha24:

If TeaTimer is no longer working, the only thing that I can suggest is that you reinstall Spybot 1.4 so that you have a working copy of TeaTimer.exe.

Please note: I suggest that you make a backup copy of TeaTimer.exe before attempting any of the fixes/patches.

If you were attempting to use murdo's "&D14 GUI Patch.zip" patch when you got the following error, it could have been because TeaTimer was still running:
    • "TeaTlmer.exe - File not found, or File access error!"

Before attempting to fix TeaTimer you must exit TeaTimer as follows:
    • Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon.
    • Click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident (TeaTimer should close).

To restart TeaTimer:
    • Using Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy.
    • Double click TeaTimer.exe to start it.

There is also a one byte patch that appears to work. It was originally posted Sept. 28, 2005 by SyreneD in the net-integration forum:
    http://net-integration.us/forums/ind...dpost&p=160216

Unfortunately the link to the patch itself in the above post is broken so I have attached a copy of that patch to this post.

ResHak didn't seem to be opening right for me but this attachment in message 38 did it all . Thanks for your efforts , My computer is running much faster now that I have removed needless programs running in the Background.

Thumbs up

Excellent fix, thank you, most useful as i use the 96dpi setting so have always suffered this a bit