Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Solution to fix the pop-ups in TeaTimer

Thumbs up

I found this thread looking for a solution to another problem. always thought I did somthing wrong. that bug was sooooo annoying. thanks for the patch

Spybot 1.4 was released last June, why don't you just fix the bug and release the fixed version, FFS ???????????????????????????????????????????

I haven't used Spybot 1.4 because of this bug, and i'm sure thousands more people don't use it because of this bug.

Quote Originally Posted by murdo
    Well i figured this one out for myself using P.E Explorer (similar to ResHacker but more powerful) and i thought that people might not want to do it themselves so I created a patch program that will do it for you. I have sent it to the spybot authors, don't know if they will include it or not though!

If anyone has webspace I can put the RAR file I would be happy to email it to them, I've also attached it to this post.

I just tried to run this patch and Pest Patrol informs me that it is "Gates from Hell" Malware.

Default TeaTimer fix

I'm real glad to find the fix. Been running Spybot without TeaTimer since I downloaded 1.4
    As far as the Spybot team not coming out with a fix for this annoying little problem;we have our fix (2 of them) am sure Spybot has plenty to keep them busy.
    My big concern was undoing changes.Found some info. in a 12-05 post in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonoize

I just tried to run this patch and Pest Patrol informs me that it is "Gates from Hell" Malware.

Is the general consensus that this patch is safe???

Possibly a false positive on the part of Pest Patrol, but you would have to check with them.

You could try ElPiedra's solution which was the first post in this topic.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

rdmpe:

Some additional information:

There are (3) fixes published in this thread. They are:
    1. The ResHacker fix published by ElPiedra here:
    2. The murdo patch published here:
    3. Or the patch originally by SyreneD that I published here:

I have tested all three (3) fixes and all appear perfectly safe in spite of the report by Nonoize that Pest Patrol complained while attempting to apply the murdo patch.

Also note: If you run ZoneAlarm Pro or ZoneAlarm Security Suite (version 6.1.744.000 or 6.1.744.001) you may not be able to run TeaTimer 1.4 after fixing or patching it. See the following:

I personally still run with the un-patched version. On my system the very top edges of the "Allow change" (on the left) and "Deny change" (on the right) buttons are showing and I am still able to select the options. I also can check the "Remember this decision" option and use the "?" and "Info" buttons since these are all visible.

If you are still concerned about the safty of the fix/patches and no portion of the "Allow change" and "Deny change" buttons are showing, you can answer TeaTimer's popup dialog (English language version) by pressing "A" on your keyboard for "Allow change" or "D" on your keyboard for "Deny change".
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2006-04-10 at 21:20.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonoize
    Strictly speaking, anything that modifies your Spyware scanner, AV, firewall, or OS could be dangerous. Maybe Pest Patrol is being over zealous.
    Will Pittenger

Exclamation If it's that simple?????

If the fix is that simple, Why not just make a small simple update that does this for the user. It's sort of lazy. and I hate to say that about one of the best virus protection softs to date.

Thumbs up Yeah!

I've been guessing between the two buttons since i installed the Spybot..
    Thanks to this fix!
    Every expert starts from being a n00b