Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Solution to fix the pop-ups in TeaTimer

Spybot S&D is a wonderful program, especially considering it costs nothing. That said, this seems like such a simple fix that the developers could include and would save their users some trouble.

If you work in the IT world, you know most users are... well.... stupid and impatient. There's no way they would even think to look in a forum for an answer. Their immediate reaction would be to uninstall and grab a different program. In the hopes to encourage, rather than chase away, new SpyBot users, I urge the developers to at least post this patch with a note on the homepage.

That said, just to make things even easier, here's a hyperlink directly to the file, so quick fixers don't even have to take the time to register for the board:

http://www.fureyonline.com/downloads/patch.zip

P.S. Remember to close spybot before you run the patch !

Quote Originally Posted by RuggeR29
    Spybot S&D is a wonderful program, especially considering it costs nothing. That said, this seems like such a simple fix that the developers could include and would save their users some trouble.

... here's a hyperlink directly to the file, so quick fixers don't even have to take the time to register for the board:

http://www.fureyonline.com/downloads/patch.zip

P.S. Remember to close spybot and TeaTimer before you run the patch !
    I just install your patch on my newly assembled PC. Works well.

Even so I am using Spybot S&D for years, I didn't use a TeaTimer on my old Win 98se system.

It is surprising and discouraging that no one from the Spybot S&D team replied to this tread.

Default New bugs with Tea Timer

HI,

Ive done all what was said in your thread and yes it does work... thank you very much and congrats..... However, there is now a new minor problem:

Whenever Teatimer pops up, I can't seem to be able anymore to change the windows size, which is kinda problematic since some of the file names or entry names are sometims very long.

Could you tell me what to do in this case???

Thank you very much

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    Ive done all what was said in your thread ... I can't seem to be able anymore to change the windows size ...
    What fix did you use?

1. The ResHacker fix published by ElPiedra here:
    2. The murdo patch published here:
    3. The patch originally by SyreneD that I published here:

Also republished by SyreneD himself here:
    4. Or the most resent patch published by RuggeR29 (which I have never tried) here:

I personally still run with the original code. However, I just retested the SyreneD patch and the window appears to expand to the right the same as the original does. For this patch see:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

I used the first link you gave us:

http://delphi.icm.edu.pl/ftp/tools/ResHack.zip

Talk soon,

Elliot

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

I just retested the ResourceHacker fix and I can expand the pop-up dialog window to the right without any problem. The only thing that I can suggest is to try again. ResourceHacker should have created a backup of the original TeaTimer.exe as TeaTimer_original.exe in the original folder.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Hey All. I didn't actually create that patch. I was just browsing through the forum for a solution to the problem and found it as a bulletin board attachment here on this thread. (I think it might be known as the 1 byte patch?)

When I went to download it I had to register, and just thought I'd provide a link on my webspace so the next person wouldn't have to bother registering and confirming through email if they didn't want to. There might already be links somewhere else in the thread for all I know. Whoever the original author is, thank you!

The whole process takes about 10 seconds and works like a charm.

Default TeaTimer' bug sorted

Ive just patched TeaTimer with SyreneD's program and this has solved all my problems. Thank you very much Her program however warns that it should be applied to a file that is 1,415,824 bytes large when mine was only 1.385 MB which ive just realised is exaxctly the same Whoooops :D

Take care and tank you for your support

Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by murdo
    Well i figured this one out for myself using P.E Explorer (similar to ResHacker but more powerful) and i thought that people might not want to do it themselves so I created a patch program that will do it for you. I have sent it to the spybot authors, don't know if they will include it or not though!

If anyone has webspace I can put the RAR file I would be happy to email it to them, I've also attached it to this post.
    I opened Spybot and drilled to Teatimer, and the gui won't write to the file. It tells me access denied or permissions not granted. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by SurferJoe46
    I opened Spybot and drilled to Teatimer, and the gui won't write to the file. It tells me access denied or permissions not granted. Any help would be appreciated.

doh!...I forgot to close Spybot first...dumb..dumb...dumb..

It works now..TY