Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Solution to fix the pop-ups in TeaTimer

Thumbs up fangs for the hackeries.

Works a treat. oiubeer++

Quote Originally Posted by murdo
    Well i figured this one out for myself using P.E Explorer (similar to ResHacker but more powerful) and i thought that people might not want to do it themselves so I created a patch program that will do it for you. I have sent it to the spybot authors, don't know if they will include it or not though!

If anyone has webspace I can put the RAR file I would be happy to email it to them, I've also attached it to this post.
    Thanks Murdo! Worked great.

Default I cd not get you attachment

Sorry boss Can u pls e-mail the patch to me ?
    Removed
    Last edited by tashi; 2006-06-03 at 06:08. Reason: email address removed

Quote Originally Posted by librabasu
    Sorry boss Can u pls e-mail the patch to me ?
    libra31365 at gmail.com
    Instead of posting your e-mail address, I suggest asking someone to PM a direct link or at least an offer to send to you if you PM them your address. Sending the PM is much safer than posting your address. When you post your address, you are just asking for spammers to use their spiders (just like the ones Google uses) to find it and start spamming you.

You should edit your post or, if you can not due to server rules, ask a moderator to do it for you.
    Will Pittenger

Thumbs up Good Job

Thank you, thank you. I had figured out which buttons were which, but it was still entertaining having to carefully click around the selections.
    God job as always from Spybot. You guys deserve every donation you get. You've made a world of difference.

I must say that at this point, it is a bit over the top that an update has not been released correcting this problem. I've seen the various posts about new users, etc., not being able or willing to undertake a patch. Without the patch, a less experienced user WILL become quickly frustrated. Why on earth has this not been fixed - months ago? Is something very serious going on behind the scenes?

Default simple and easy

Being so simple and easy, why Spybot developers did not implemented it and made available as a new version/update?

Default Help with this TeaTimer Setting please........

Hi all,

I'm new here and in fact, hope I can find my way back here again.

I have been here for most of the day trying to figure out this new update and box with the error. I had the old Spybot version 1.3 and could never get it to update properly. Since I'm somewhat limited in knowledge (and time) on the computer, I've been lost. Last night I finally managed to get the new version 1.4 installed with my husband's help, and before I could read the tutorial, a hard thunder shower came through and we had to shut down. It was suggested to employ TeaTimer, which I'd avoided earlier due to it saying unless you were knowledgeable about how to set everything, you shouldn't use the Advanced Mode. I clicked to use that feature, not realizing I'd be signed up in the Advanced Mode.

This morning, when I booted up the computer, I couldn't do anything because a box came up with only a partial view of the bottom and we couldn't see what to do. It's the Registry Entry (TeaTimer?) box like at the top of this discussion. I have spent many hours trying to read and find out the 'fix' which I thought I'd accomplished but it's still not working and I'm totally frustrated. I just read again, the tutorial and through this thread and after going back to see if Immunize was checked, I found it wasn't. When I tried to set it, that Registry Entry box came up again. I had found this page where I spent hours trying to get past #3 and could not. It took a long time to understand how to get to ResHacker to come up. We never got to the place where we could put in Ctrl+F.

I have spent so much time trying to figure out this situation and am still totally frustrated. Awhile ago I went back to Spybot to see if Immunize was checked and found it wasn't. When I try to set it, that Registry Entry box comes up again so I need to see if someone can help guide me through this. I always try to do things myself, as it's helpful for learning, but after stumbling around all day and still no further ahead, I'm afraid I'm going to mess up something I shouldn't.

I'm wondering if I should just be using the Default Mode. I do mostly use Firefox but still have one site where I use IE because I can't get the settings to look right with Firefox.

I apologize for the length of this post and offer sincere thanks for any help.

Hi.

If you are having trouble with the reshacker fix,there are some alternative suggestions for dealing with the teatimer bug from md usa spybot fan,here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...58&postcount=2

The box you are trying to check under the Immunize section:does it say 'Enable permanent blocking of bad addresses in Internet Explorer' beside the checkbox?
    If so,that's Spybot's Browser Helper,and when you click the checkbox beside it,teatimer is notifying you about it.

If you need to immunize,there's a little bit about that here-
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto....html#immunize
    I'll put it there,in case you should need it.

Thank you for the response, Zenobia.

I had read through the thread and did see the patch suggestions, but don't think I'd be capable of mastering that. I'm going to try the regular solution again today when I get a little time and see if I can get past the #3. I've not used a zip file before and since that was new to me, may be the reason I'm having the problem.

When I click Immunize, the Warning box comes up saying how many bad products are blocked, 40 additional protections possible. Please immunize. When I click OK, it shows (at the bottom) "Permanently running bad download blocker for Internet Explorer." Then "Browser Helper to block bad downloads is installed" - with a green check at the left. Underneath that is - "Enable permanent blocking of bad addresses in Internet Explorer" with a check box at left. When I put the check in the box, the box with the bug comes up.

Since I didn't know what the selections were saying before, I didn't want to click on anything. If I understand correctly, by clicking on the left, I accept, and right, will deny. I suppose I could just use it like that, but would really prefer to get it fixed.

One thing I just realized, is the comment about Internet Explorer. Would it be because I'm working on a Firefox page that it's not getting the correct information?

Thanks again!