Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Solution to fix the pop-ups in TeaTimer

thnx!

I had recently installed 1.4 on my sister's two Windows 98SE machines, and immediately ran into the teatimer problem. I thought it probably had something to do with her older OS, so I just left teatimer disabled. Glad I found this forum and thread. I used syreneD's patch and it worked as promised. Very easy to do. Also, I was using 1.3 on my own machine, and found out thru this forum that I was missing out by not running the 1.4 version. A quick download of the program, install syreneD's patch, and I'm good to go. Thanks everyone.

Default tnx!

Wow.. I just made the screenshot to show you the problem.. but I found that and it's working. Thanks!

Why don't they just fix the code in the program. Seems to be easy enough. I first reported this when 1.4 first came out. Would think by now they could repair the code.

What I've been doing, rather than messing around with patching, is using the TeaTimer.exe that came with Spybot 1.4 Release Candidate 2, which does not have the same bug, and has worked fine on all of the systems I have used it on.

I could post a download link to it, if there is interest.

Default Strange

That worked great, THANKS!!

But I find it strange that in two communications with the Kollera folks over the last several years, all I got the first time was the normal tech's response, 'It's a known problem and our best people are working on it', and the second time, I was advised to keep playing Blind Man's Bluff. Never pointed me to this Forum or this solution. Maybe someone needs to tell them there is an easy solution. How hard would it be to put that in one of those Updates? Maybe they need to get some MrSoftie consultants to come in and show them how to do online Updates.

Thank you SO much for this. This has always made me a bit nuts. Nice to see a way to fix it.

Default Wtf

This darling little patch popped up as "Gate from Hell" pest by pestpatrol. WTF are you doing jerk????

Quote Originally Posted by murdo View Post
    Well i figured this one out for myself using P.E Explorer (similar to ResHacker but more powerful) and i thought that people might not want to do it themselves so I created a patch program that will do it for you. I have sent it to the spybot authors, don't know if they will include it or not though!

If anyone has webspace I can put the RAR file I would be happy to email it to them, I've also attached it to this post.

Exclamation If you have a 'black listed' item

Thanks - fixed my problems

- but to fix the ones I had accidentaly blacklisted when trying to bypass the bug I had to edit the 'RegKeyBlack.sbe' file - normaly found in 'application data' for the user under 'Spybot - Search & Destroy,Excludes' -

There's an easier way to edit the blacklisted things.Just rightclick Teatimer,and select Settings,which brings up the Black & White list.