Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Solution to fix the pop-ups in TeaTimer

Thumbs up Yep that worked (even in English!)

I wonder why another 1.4 hasn't been release with this fixed in it......

Thanks for this fix!

thanks...works great!

-SC

Default Thanks

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!! a life saver to say the least!!!

Lan

Question

When's the next release due? It is not financially viable for me and my business to make 100's of FREE housecalls to fix this bug.

Actually, a new TeaTimer release is in internal beta testing. We expect to give it to the forums experts late next week. Among the new features will be a system for automatic white- or blacklisting of registry entries based on the file they point to, better protection of snapshots against changes by malware, more monitored entries and some fixed small memory leaks (well yes and that ugly graphical glitch, for which Borland has kind of apologized by now ).

The reason for delays... well, just take a look at the current news about Symantec. We would have loved to fix so-called incompatibilities and waited for details... and waited...

And of course we worked on updates for the detection engine itself. The next engine update will nearly double the ways we can use to detect malware.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

PepiMK:

Thanks for the information on the work in progress. I'm looking forward to seeing the results of your effort on our behalf.

Regards,
    md usa spybot fan

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

They are the really good news and we waited for that new version of TeaTimer

Thanks PepiMK

Salu2
    Marcelo Rivero.
    Microsoft MVP Enterprise Security
    ForoSpyware.com Support Forum in Spanish
    InfoSpyware.com Malware/IT Threats Researcher.

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    The reason for delays... well, just take a look at the current news about Symantec. We would have loved to fix so-called incompatibilities and waited for details... and waited....
    Never mind Symantec. They will not respond to your requests. They know that they have the resources to fend you off. Do what you think is best for your software and I believe that ultimately, it will be the users who will give you a pat in the back for a job well done.
    Spyware is the bane of the Internet.

Default Most Excellent, and this tweak verified an infection of the perverse sort!

READ ALL OF THIS!!! Man, the malformed alert box drove me up a wall. I love what TeaTimer is 'supposed' to be doing for me, but it always made me dizzy as I was learning to key the registery. So this fix helped immediately!! Thank you! Well it also proved my girlfriend correct and I thought she was cRAZy.!.! Her puter was acting totally strange since she couldn't afford protection. We put Spybot and CA's EZvirus (free for a year) on her puter. She was skeptical thinking 'Norton' was the well known brand to stick with -- Mcafee sucks now!! So she thinks she is a wiz now that she sees me keying with the registry and services. She starts complaining something is taking over her puter and I am laughing, not saying: its really YOU; MonKEY, shutting down your services and now they wont come back up!!! She keeps freakin' and I am wierded out by what she is saying; how all of her screens are not real, but imitation wrapper screens. Sounds wierd huh? Well, I went to fix her puter to get some ease back in our relationship and brought this fix of Spybot's alert box. I ran a fresh version of Spybot from my CD-R and to my amazement it didnt have the alert box problem, but looked really special in its formatting. And she said "see I told you something is taking over and putting up fake screens!!!" Cmon, you agree she is crAZy right?? I checked Spybot's source using Reshacker and it said 160, I changed it to 190, reran and spybot looked as it had, no alert box problem and supremely formatted. I was thinking maybe she isn't crazy, maybe something has infected her puter and mirroring everything she has. I noticed my CD-R view in Windows Explorer had duplicate folder entries!!! So I used REShacker again on Spybot to change the 'Remember my decision' to read something else. And it was not changed!!!! Holy MOLY, she wasn't Crazy! This weirdness we had been grappling with for a month was not her being crazy, it was really an infection mirroring and putting up 'wrappers' in place of the real applications!. The Spybot 'wrapper' even looked better than the real Spybot --- Thats when I thought I had to flatten it and not let this infection eat into our great sex life anymore.. lol. Mind you, she has been using protection the whole time this infection spread!! Amazing story huh... and heart breaking at times! So this morning, not foolling around, I think I shut down all the bios, and was somehow able to get a recovery console up to format the harddrive and then install XP. But who knows, I didn't think there was a recovery console in Home Edition, so maybe it was a wrapper and this infection is still in/out there! Whew... wish I could tell you more and have some reports, but it had shut us out... Feel free to ask any questions, as I'd love resolve from answers. And a word, if you are listening as you probably are, to you guys looking with super composite lenses from far far away... supreme work!!! -- ehh, jesus called it outerdarkness... ramble on...