Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Solution to fix the pop-ups in TeaTimer

Hey I noticed one day that my teatimer was using upwards of 180meg of system memory.. what giveS? I went n closed it.. n restarted teatimer.

But it was a really werid thing happening.

Default Fix For Tea Timer pop-up

The fix worked fine. Prior to the fix when I right clicked the Tea Timer on the taskbar the pop-up window was white and had nothing in it. After the fix was applied the "Allow" and "Deny" blocks showed up without being cut off, also the menu showed up when the Tea Timer on the taskbar was right clicked. Was this part of the fix, or did something else change? After I rebootted the Tea Timer isn't on the taskbar, but is on and working. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
    Kent

Thanks, this is nice to know!
    Btw, how can I change my mind about a decision that I made in regards to Tea Timer's interceptions of registry changes?
    Can the Black / White Lists entries be modified?
    I've looked, and I can't figure it out.
    Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Death Eternal View Post
    . . .how can I change my mind about a decision that I made in regards to Tea Timer's interceptions of registry changes?
    Can the Black / White Lists entries be modified?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Death Eternal View Post
    I've looked, and I can't figure it out.
    Thanks in advance!
    Right click on the TeaTimer icon in the System Tray.

Click on "Settings".

The four button options should appear on the top:

** Allowed Processes
    ** Blocked Processes
    ** Allowed Registry Changes
    ** Blocked Registry Changes

Click on the appropriate button.

Find the item you want to change.

Right click on it and you should see its current status (a check mark shows its status).

Click on the change you want.

That should do it.
    ¤§ TBear §¤

hello!

I want to change the black list of Teatimer, but I can't see it! there's a white page.

what can I do?

Thanx!

Default Can see the button now but the tick box does not work

Hi,

I followed the suggested procedure and it certainly fixed the problem of not being able to see the Allow / Deny buttons. However now that they can be seen properly and work properly the check box (remember this decision) does not work on my system.

Am I the only one or did I boob somewhere in following the posted work around instructions?

Help?

laopa
    still crazy after all these years

No,the Remember This Decision checkbox always worked properly for me,after fixing Teatimer.
    If you used reshacker to fix Teatimer,reshacker should have made a backup of Teatimer in your Spybot - Search & Destroy folder,called TeaTimer_original.exe,in case you made a mistake.
    You should find the Spybot - Search & Destroy folder in Program Files,if you installed Spybot to the default location.

Talking Res hack not working

running xp sp2. I have tried the hack for teatimer fix at leat 6 times. What am I doing wrong? I download to desktop and double click to open then what. It is now in Spybot folder as ResHack.exe. TeaTimer already unchecked. Ctrl + f for decision does not do anyhing. Help please

Did you unzip the reshacker.zip folder,after you downloaded it?If you tried to double-click reshacker.exe in the reshacker.zip,it should give you a warning about needing to be unzipped.

No,you don't need to have reshacker.exe in the Spybot folder,you need to open Teatimer with reshacker.You might want to remove reshack.exe from your Spybot S&D folder.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=122 :
    3.- Used "ResHacker" to open TeaTimer.exe (Should be in C:\Program Files\Spybot
    - Search & Destroy).
    http://img456.imageshack.us/my.php?i...eshack17yd.png
    Once you open teatimer with reshacker,the Ctrl-F should work,so you can follow the rest of the instructions.hth.

Also,if fixing Teatimer with reshacker doesn't work out for you,there are also workarounds listed in this post,like clicking A for Allow,etc,etc.:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...59&postcount=2

note to md usa spybot fan and to SyreneD and to ALL readers...

AVG Anti-Spyware just identified the patch.zip 1-byte fix purportedly created by SyreneD and heavily touted by md-usa-spybot-fan as containing a hacker's tool... (?) (abeit, a low-priority risk.)

[locn]\teatimer patch.exe -> Not-A-Virus.VirTool.Win32.AvSpoffer.a : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).

[locn]\patch.zip/teatimer patch.exe -> Not-A-Virus.VirTool.Win32.AvSpoffer.a : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).

[locn]\patch\teatimer patch.exe -> Not-A-Virus.VirTool.Win32.AvSpoffer.a : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).

possibly, it has been infected while on my pc, since i originally downloaded it.

just fyi. i've redownloaded it for rescanning purposes. also because apparently the fix didn't stick, although i can't imagine why.

as a reminder to everyone out there trying to use these patches, YOU HAVE TO END THE PROGRAM TEA-TIMER BEFORE TRYING TO RUN THE PATCH FIX.
    (then just remember to restart it, afterwards!)

I made this same mistake myself, at least twice. LOL.
    iF gOD wAS mEANT tO fLY, hUMANS wOULD hAVE gIVEN hER wINGS.