Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Solution to fix the pop-ups in TeaTimer

[UPDATE]
    All automatic versions of this teatimer patch (all except for ResHacker) are being reported as containing the same hacker's tool, spoofer (mis-spelled "spoffer"??)

I'm not sure whether it's significant, it's probably the program used to do the automatic patching - hacker's tool of choice, no doubt. (Any program that "patches" by "Stuffing" bits could properly be labelled a hacker's tool.)

again, just fyi.

(thanks TBear for your helpful hints to a n00b!)
    iF gOD wAS mEANT tO fLY, hUMANS wOULD hAVE gIVEN hER wINGS.

Thumbs up Finally a patch for the GUI size issue!

Quote Originally Posted by murdo View Post
    Well i figured this one out for myself using P.E Explorer (similar to ResHacker but more powerful) and i thought that people might not want to do it themselves so I created a patch program that will do it for you. I have sent it to the spybot authors, don't know if they will include it or not though!

If anyone has webspace I can put the RAR file I would be happy to email it to them, I've also attached it to this post.
    =========

Thanks to both "Murdo" and "ElPiedra" for helping fix this. Perfect-o-mundo!

Quote Originally Posted by Death Eternal View Post
    [UPDATE]
    {snip}
    (thanks TBear for your helpful hints to a n00b!)
    My pleasure, DE. Sorry for the delay in responding.
    ¤§ TBear §¤

Thumbs up Thanks a bunch

I finally decided to search S&D for a solution to the tea timer popup problem.

Thank you very much!

Smile

Elsewhere in the net (was it in this forum?), spybotsandra wrote (I paraphrase) "I hope our new update will be available soon." This was in November 2005. It is now November 2006. We can be grateful that the developers are being so cautious and painstaking with the new release. (Can't we?)

In this forum there are 200 replies, but nobody mentions that the width of the popup also needs to be increased. I get lots of paths displayed in which I see the directory, but the path is so long it runs off the edge of the tiny window so I can't see the file name.

Maybe the delay in the release of the new version is because the developers are still trying to figure out how to design a resizable pop-up window.

I can pull the window wider,try putting the mouse pointer at the very edge of the window until it turns into an arrow,and then click and drag it.

Talking thx so much

thx so much thats wicked awsome it works pefect
    defiantly a great solution

Well, new features here, new features there, and of course the change of the development environment, lead to constant retesting somehow

Haven't put this in the news yet, but here is a beta version of two updated things (and one new, Vista only).
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Thank`s and for me , after 2 day`s it works

Default Murdo's patch works with his instructions!

Murdo: I was getting the same error as others, but found this post and followed your instructions. It worked, so thank you SO MUCH for creating this patch and helping us solve this problem. - Podbay

Quote Originally Posted by murdo View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the community helping out now and then, its what forums are for?!

Considering we don't HAVE to pay for SpyBot (although I recommend people do Donate if they can afford it..), I think the product is pretty awesome. Name one peice of software that the public hasn't contributed to "fixing" in one way or another?

Glad the automated patch helped everyone, and for those who said thanks, your very welcome.

STEP BY STEP:

1) Download http://murdo.digitalicedesigns.com/S&D14GUIPatch.zip (I put it on my web server as the forum link doesn't always work

2) Open the Zip File

3) Extract/Copy the contents to your SpyBot S&D folder

4) Close "Spybot-SD Resident" from your systray by:
    "RIGHT CLICK" > "Exit Spybot-SD Resident"

5) Execute "S&D14 GUI PATCH.exe" from within your SpyBot folder

Press the "Start" button

You should then see a window:

Enjoy

Note: Remember to start "TeaTimer.exe" again!

P.S I just looked at the other patch md mentioned, and it does exactly the same thing except moves the check button down slightly, where as mine moves it down and accross (hence the 5 bytes instead of 1 byte)

Also, don't worry about makeing a backup of "TeaTimer.exe" as the patch is set to do this by default (you will find "TeaTimer.exe.bak" in the program folder)