Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Solution to fix the pop-ups in TeaTimer

In addition to that,I just saw a post where md usa spybot fan suggests that the
    "TeaTimer.exe - file not found or file access error." may have been happening if Teatimer was still running.
    Post here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...0&postcount=38
    Part of his post:
    If you were attempting to use murdo's "&D14 GUI Patch.zip" patch when you got the following error, it could have been because TeaTimer was still running:

* "TeaTlmer.exe - File not found, or File access error!"

Before attempting to fix TeaTimer you must exit TeaTimer as follows:

* Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon.
    * Click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident (TeaTimer should close).

Default How do I correct denied changes to registry?

Hi Everyone,

I implemented the recommended changes to the teatimer.exe using ResHacker.

Before I fixed TeaTimer, two programs updated themselves and I couldn't figure out how to accept the changes to the registry.

An ActiveX change and two changes for JavaRE 5.0 (1/13/2007).

How do I get these changes entered into the registry?

The log file does not seem to show all of the information I need to implement the required changes to the registry.

Is there a way I can find out what these changes are? I (sort of) know how to use regedit to backup and change the registry.

Any support is greatly aprreciated!

Thanks!
    Zachrey

PS here's the logfile data:

1/13/2007 8:53:33 PM Allowed value "DefaultPassword" (new data: "") deleted in Winlogon!
    1/13/2007 9:29:08 PM Denied value "{CAFEEFAC-0015-0000-0010-ABCDEFFEDCBA}" (new data: "") added in ActiveX Distribution Unit!
    1/13/2007 9:30:06 PM Denied value "SunJavaUpdateSched" (new data: ""C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\jusched.exe"") changed in System Startup global entry!

18 months later, this still hasn't been fixed? It happened to me yesterday, and I'm up to date.

Hi
    this problem only started happening with me lately - I noticed it when I was uninstalling something - what happened then was that the regristry changes were denied by Spybot.
    I'm wondering if theres anything I can do to "tidy up" the regristry after Spybot denying changes ?

I just fixed it with the hacker thing - but not sure how to test it - I'll have to find something else to uninstall

I'm curious - I think it was actually after an update that it started acting up, but that may have been coincidental.

Also, presume you've seen your good reviews on "Daves Computer tips" Newsletter:
    http://www.davescomputertips.com/New...20070115.php#3
    Last edited by Tomos; 2007-01-18 at 10:52.

Banned

Great job!
    I did the "S&D14 GUI Patch" that was provided by murdo.
    Now the buttons are displayed fine and are working.
    Thank you very much!

Whoa....
    That was too cool.... Thank you!!!
    P.S. For anyone who still has problems, the very top of the Accept and Decline still work!!!
    I mean, like 1 or 2 millimeters. But they truly do work. I have muddled with these for over a year. And despite the bad cosmetics, they worked fine. Man, Resident Hacker is a cool editor. And extremely friendly. Can I keep it?
    Last edited by 7cures; 2007-01-24 at 19:07.

Default Wow!

Thanks SO much for this one!

Default 120 dots per inch

Because I don't see too well, I have my screen resolution set to 120DPI instead of the default 96DPI (Display Properties/Settings/Advanced/General)
    Therefore, the GDUI patch, while very helpful, was not a perfect solution for me - the 'New Data' line was hidden by the Allow... Deny Change buttons, and the '?' button was hidden by the 'info' button.

Using Reshack, eventually, I did find an ideal solution. Many thanks!
    And, I guess, I might be able to use it for some similar display problems with other applications and dialogs.
    I could detail the changes I made to TeaTimer with ResHacker for anyone else using 120 dpi setting, but that would possibly be a little tedious for genenal consumption.

I'd like to note that I found it worthwhile checking Windows Task Manager to make sure that Tea Timer.exe had shut down - a few times I saw that it was still running, after using 'Exit Spybot S&D Resident', and I used Task Manager to shut it down.

To test the Tea Timer pop-up I used a simple little app called Startup Control Panel by Mike Lin, to turn various startup entries on or off. http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

My result is attached below. I would be happy to post details of changes for anyone else using 120dpi. I think my email address is available around here, some place - or you can use private messaging.
    Colin.
    Last edited by cvincent; 2007-01-30 at 07:13. Reason: typo

Thanks for that i was geting really shytty with that :( but now its fixed only problem in spybot now gone. also for a update they should change the script. not too much hard work
    King of teh World!

Default Champion!

1000 thanks Murdo.
    Yeeeha!