Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Solution to fix the pop-ups in TeaTimer

PS:

Just as I was ready to log out I noticed the Quote button at the bottom (thought I'd seen it somewhere before) and then also saw the Edit button. I clicked on Edit figuring I could just add the note that I'd found the Quote button.

However, it asked me the reason for editing so I put in *addition*, expecting to be able to then add to my post. Well, that word 'addition' was all that happened when I clicked. LOL When I tried editing again I found it's got a very limited allowance. Ah well, just thought I'd explain.

Hi,there. I turned on Windows Defender's real-time protection,but I haven't been able to get it to pop-up for me,so I'm still kind of unfamiliar with it.

This is from Windows Vista help(should still apply to Windows Defender with other Operating Systems,though,I think.)
    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...c20fd1033.mspx

And since I obviously need a dunce cap when it comes to Windows Defender ,you might want to post for help at the Windows Defender's newsgroups,they'll probably be able to help you out much better than I can.
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...s/default.mspx

To quote a post,you can highlight the text you would like to quote with your mouse,then copy it to your own post,then click the Quote button,and it should put quote tags around it.There's a little more info here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/misc.php?do=bbcode#quote

For editing,you should be able to click edit,make the changes you'd like in the main window,then put in your reason for editing,then click the save button.hth. I think there is a fifteen minute timelimit for editing your post.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2007-04-11 at 01:44.

To quote a post,you can highlight the text you would like to quote with your mouse,then copy it to your own post,then click the Quote button,and it should put quote tags around it.There's a little more info here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/misc.php?do=bbcode#quote
    Sorry,actually that should be:To quote a post,you can highlight the text you would like to quote with your mouse,then copy it to your own post,highlight it once again with your mouse then click the Quote button,and it should put quote tags around it.

Hi again!

First, I want to thank you, Zenobia, and md usa spybot fan, for all your help. You've both been so patient and since I felt like the one who should be wearing a dunce cap, I had to laugh at your statement.
    And since I obviously need a dunce cap when it comes to Windows Defender ,you might want to post for help at the Windows Defender's newsgroups,they'll probably be able to help you out much better than I can.
    Now that I'm typing in this posting box there is no quote button so I used my own symbols and hope they work. If not I'll try the editing. Thank you for taking time to post all the links. I did study a page similar to the first one and couldn't find anything to help, but perhaps the 2nd one for the newsgroup will be a good one to try.

Kindest Regards -

PS: I wish I had more time to spend here reading and learning. Hopefully, I'll be able to do so in the future.

Edit: Ah, the Quote button shows up AFTER you click Post. At any rate, the quote worked but on this page no Smilies are showing.
    Last edited by drafm; 2007-04-12 at 02:32. Reason: Addition

You're welcome. Sorry I couldn't help you with Windows Defender real-time protection.There's a sign-in option there at the Windows Defender newsgroups,you could sign-in and ask them about it direct,if you can't find an answer to your question.
    They also have sign in help and info:
    http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales...oINeedToSignIn
    I don't know my way around there very well,but the General category looks like it might be a good place to post that type of question.

Have a good day.

Default muchas gracias....

joder que tío!!! Fantastic!! Muchas gracias.....

Thanks for the fix!

I just started using SpyBot after giving up on Ad-Aware and it's many problems with no program update in years.

I used PE Explorer (since I have a license for it) instead of ResHacker and have yet to see the fix in action but based on what every one else says, I'm sure it will work!

Seems a logical fix, you're just moving the check box control down so it doesn''t cover the buttons any more.

Last edited by Lemming; 2007-04-28 at 21:05.

Quote Originally Posted by murdo View Post
    Well i figured this one out for myself using P.E Explorer (similar to ResHacker but more powerful) and i thought that people might not want to do it themselves so I created a patch program that will do it for you. I have sent it to the spybot authors, don't know if they will include it or not though!

If anyone has webspace I can put the RAR file I would be happy to email it to them, I've also attached it to this post.

Will this be fixed in the 1.5 version?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

poppylove:

The TeaTimer button overlay bug is already fixed in the beta TeaTimer 1.5 version. To download the ßTeaTimer 1.5:
    • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Settings.
    • Page down the option tree until you see a section titled "Web update" (just past half way down).
    • In the "Web update" section check the following option:
      • Display available beta versions.
    • Click Spybot-S&D (left pane).
    • Click Search for Updates (right pane).
    • When the list of available updates appears, check the following item:
      • ßTeaTimer 1.5 - !Resident protection update (1 MB) - 2007-02-14
    • Click Download Updates.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thank you for that, I am waiting till Ad-Aware stops updates for my operating system, then I will download 1.5.

Once someone has downloaded the 1.5 beta and the full version comes in, will we have the option to upgrade to the final version from within beta, or will that be done from scratch by uninstalling the beta and installing the final version when it becomes live?