Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Solution to fix the pop-ups in TeaTimer

I have just installed the 1.5 rc1 (in XP), which, to my horror, brought up the same old glitch in the Tea Timer as in 1.4.

I guess I'll use Resource Hacker to fix mine. The Murdo Patch, posted at the beginning of this thread in November 2005, doesn't seem to work in the 1.5 beta.

Such an old problem is so extremely discouraging—and infuriating, too, because it is a "remember this decision" choice in TeaTimer.

How many people—thousands?—have suggested to others that they try Spybot as an alternative to Ad-Aware, only to be told later, "Well, at least Ad-Aware works right!"

The last Spybot version that had a good TeaTimer popup box was the Spybot 1.4 beta. It worked perfectly.

Smile Thanks from Colorado

Thanks! I applied your patch quickly and easily. It worked perfectly.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Fred Schissler:

The problem has been eliminated in Spybot 1.5 without the necessaty to patch TeaTimer. I suggest that you consider upgrading to Spybot 1.5.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Thanks from Colorado, USA

Quote Originally Posted by SyreneD View Post
    I decided to post my patch once again, to make it easier for people to find. Also, I don't understand why the developers are so slow to resolve this. The updater module in spybot already is capable of closing spybot, updating its files and then reopening it. Why not release an updated through its integrated update system that closes teatimer.exe and then patches it, before reopening it? It would be simple to do, and would solve everything! Please please don't leave people hanging until the next release. Some people simply refuse to use anything unless it comes directly from the developer and so these people won't want to use spybot in its current state because of this glitch.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Fred Schissler:

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Schissler View Post
    But!!! That still leaves you running TeaTimer 1.4 that has other minor problems that have been resolved in TeaTimer 1.5.
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2007-09-06 at 22:10.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

With the release of Spybot-S&D 1.5, this topic is done.

Homepage.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/home/index.html

Cheers.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016