Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Solution to fix the pop-ups in TeaTimer

Smile it will be fixed

There is nothing wrong with the community helping out now and then, its what forums are for?!

Considering we don't HAVE to pay for SpyBot (although I recommend people do Donate if they can afford it..), I think the product is pretty awesome. Name one peice of software that the public hasn't contributed to "fixing" in one way or another?

Glad the automated patch helped everyone, and for those who said thanks, your very welcome.

STEP BY STEP:

1) Download http://murdo.digitalicedesigns.com/S&D14GUIPatch.zip (I put it on my web server as the forum link doesn't always work

2) Open the Zip File

3) Extract/Copy the contents to your SpyBot S&D folder

4) Close "Spybot-SD Resident" from your systray by:
    "RIGHT CLICK" > "Exit Spybot-SD Resident"

5) Execute "S&D14 GUI PATCH.exe" from within your SpyBot folder

Press the "Start" button

You should then see a window:

Enjoy

Note: Remember to start "TeaTimer.exe" again!

P.S I just looked at the other patch md mentioned, and it does exactly the same thing except moves the check button down slightly, where as mine moves it down and accross (hence the 5 bytes instead of 1 byte)

Also, don't worry about makeing a backup of "TeaTimer.exe" as the patch is set to do this by default (you will find "TeaTimer.exe.bak" in the program folder)
    Last edited by murdo; 2005-12-19 at 12:04.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan
    alpha24:

If TeaTimer is no longer working, the only thing that I can suggest is that you reinstall Spybot 1.4 so that you have a working copy of TeaTimer.exe.

There is also a one byte patch that appears to work. It was originally posted Sept. 28, 2005 by SyreneD in the net-integration forum:
    http://net-integration.us/forums/ind...dpost&p=160216

Unfortunately the link to the patch itself in the above post is broken so I have attached a copy of that patch to this post.
    Many thanks for your help md. I reinstalled Spybot 1.4, as you suggested and then tried Murdo's patch again but I still got the "TeaTimer.exe file can't be found" message. I then used your links - firstly to the very interesting thread and secondly to SyreneD's patch which worked perfectly,!! All is now in order with the TeaTimer pop-ups and I can only confirm my appreciation of the very timely advice received. Regards, Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha24
    ...tried Murdo's patch again but I still got the "TeaTimer.exe file can't be found" message....
    You didn't follow the instructions properly.

The patch you got elsewhere specifically targets "TeaTimer.exe" in the default install path, hence why it worked.

My patch does not contain this path as not everyone has it in the default place! Therefor, you should of either put the file in the program folder, or pressed the "..." button to locate the "TeaTimer.exe" file.

Sorry it took you so long to fix it, at least it's done now.

I should also appologies for not putting instructions with the patch. I thought it would be obvious, I should not of made that assumption. Sorry once again.
    Last edited by murdo; 2005-11-29 at 15:21.

Quote Originally Posted by serendipityguy
    such a life saver , but why is it that We, the end user are the ones who have to make such an edit???

dont you think that perhaps that this is something that the developer should address?

not to get anyone upset or have any heart-akes, just an honest question.

and by the way thanks for this tip
    Bugs happen.

Perhaps you may have noticed in this thread as well as others that it has been noted often that it will be fixed in the next release.

Perhaps you think PMK should do an upgrade and cause tens of millions of DLs(a large expense for a free product) just to fix what is considered by any other than the greenest user to be a very MINOR bug(one which is extremely easy to fix manually).

Seems to me that you may have very little understanding about application support...especially for a freeware product used by so many. I would hope that most would have a more reasonable understanding.

Default El Piedra - muy bueno

Nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by murdo
    There is nothing wrong with the community helping out now and then, its what forums are for?!

Considering we don't HAVE to pay for SpyBot (although I recomend people do Donate if they can afford it..), I think the product is pretty awesome. Name one peice of software that the public hasn't contributed to "fixing" in one way or another?
    I agree 100%! Spybotfree and it works great. Thanks to the developers, and to Murdo and the others who took time out of their busy schedules to write this fix.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by murdo

Considering we don't HAVE to pay for SpyBot (although I recomend people do Donate if they can afford it..), I think the product is pretty awesome. Name one peice of software that the public hasn't contributed to "fixing" in one way or another?

Glad the automated patch helped everyone, and for those who said thanks, your very welcome.
    I also thank you for the automated patch and the instructions on how to run it

Default your welcome

No probs.

If anyone wants to show appreciation and visit my own forums, opening soon at:

(removed by murdo) - Please PM me for URL if interested!

Feel free to sign up, and if you include your email address you will be notified when the forums become unlocked!
    Also if anyone would like to help moderate, get in touch.

Last edited by murdo; 2005-12-05 at 23:51.

I have just enough space to click but cannot see the word allow or deny. Can someone put a screenshot or tell me which side allow is at.
    Sorry if this hasd been done I have not seen it. I would prefer not to have to make the changes and wait for the next release if possible

Default on the left

it is the button on the left