Thread: Ya'll Are Famous!!

Question Ya'll Are Famous!!

Just read article in our paper about you guys. I got a new computer in January and I've had nothing but problems since we put it up. Hewlett Packerd and my Server, Comcast both said that sometimes evil people put all kinds of things on the computer before it's packaged so that they can come back and use it later. So we got most fixed, then I get a Trojan, $70 to remove by Symantec even though it was blocked. Now my extra spyware told me that Winrar like Winzip but with creatures, is a Hacker and today I get message that 1) I have a parasite and then my full Internet Security says I have a virus. <SIGH> What in the heck is going on? How do I get rid of this crap once and for all? Do I need to call Symantec and pay $70.00 again? Thanks~~Beauty
    Last edited by tashi; 2007-03-19 at 00:45. Reason: Reduced font
    CENTER]Sometime we think that we are it, when all in all it's Him, Jesus Christ. †(C)†Beauty For Christ Ministries† [/CENTER]

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

(c)†Beauty†:

First, I suggest that you read the following thread to help prevent future infections:

Secondly, I suggest that you consider posting in the Malware Removal forum and having someone take a look at your system and help remove any malware you currently have on your system. Follow the instructions here:

After completing those steps, start a new thread (topic) in the following forum (making sure to include the HijackThis log and online scan logs produced from the instructions above):

ps: If you do post in the Malware Removal forum, I suggest that use the default forum font. Using "Comic Sans MS", size 5 in green made your post extremely hard to read.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Well, Now What?

DEAR SPYBOT TECHIES, downloaded the program, S&D'd and it said lots of problems, but I don't know how to fix, and am not sure they need to be. I have a log, but will not send until you request. Bots are all I need. I just called the guy who wrote the article for you guys and the graphics, thinking he was you Sorry. Also, after we figure this out, the next step? I have a chronic illness and it would be nice if you could give me the next step (and I'll decide if I need it. Thank you so very much for being here for Dummies of Bots 101. LOL!!!~~Beauty
    Last edited by tashi; 2007-03-19 at 17:05. Reason: Merged topics, reduced font and removed purple font. ;)
    CENTER]Sometime we think that we are it, when all in all it's Him, Jesus Christ. †(C)†Beauty For Christ Ministries† [/CENTER]

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

(c)†Beauty†:

Quote Originally Posted by (c)†Beauty† View Post
    … downloaded the program, S&D'd and it said lots of problems, but I don't know how to fix, ...
    Normally after you do "Check for problems" you click the "Fix selected problems" button (at the top of the right pane of the "Search & Destroy - Scan for problems and remove them" screen). Spybot will then attempt to correct all the problems checked and displayed in red.

… downloaded the program, S&D'd and it said lots of problems, ... am not sure they need to be.
    Run a Spybot "Check for problems". Uncheck any detections that you are not sure that should be fixed (which should not include items such as "Tracking cookies" and other obvious problems that should corrected) before you the click the "Fix selected problems" button.

I have a log, …
    After doing the "Fix selected problems" suggested above, run another "Check for problems". When the "Check for problems" completes:
    • Right click on the results list, select "Copy results to clipboard".
    • Then paste (Ctrl+V) those results to a new post in this thread.

ps: I hinted in my first response to this thread that altering the default forum font sometimes makes posts more difficult to read. It appears that you may have overlooked that comment or chose to ignore it since then you have answer this thread and start several other threads in altered fonts. If you are going to respond to this thread, please use the default forum font.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.