Thread: Spybot picks this up

Default Spybot picks this up

Each time I run Spybot it picks this up. Now I know it has something to do with Microsoft so I just close out Spybot and leave it there.What is it and how can I stop Spybot from picking it up ?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

For this detection:

Code:
    Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.AntiVirusOverride: Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusOverride!=dword:0
    I suggest that you go into Start > Control Panel > Security Center > look at the right hand side of the window and check the settings under "Virus Protection" (expanding if necessary). I believe that you have overridden the protections and that you will find a button labeled "Recommendations". If you click on the "Recommendations" button I believe that you will get a window that indicates something like:
    • I have an antivirus program that I'll monitor myself.
      Note: Windows won't monitor your virus protection status and won't send you alerts if it is off or out of date.

If you have checked that statement Windows Security Center won't monitor your virus protection status and won't send you alerts if it is off or out of date.

Windows Security Center is capable of monitoring most major anti-virus programs. What anti-virus are you using?

If you are running an anti-virus program you should do a "Fix selected problems" on this detection. Spybot reset the Windows Security Center "Virus Protection" and turn it on. That way Windows Security Center willmonitor the status of your anti-virus software.

----------------------------------------------------------

Note: To post a log of the actual detections you get (the log also contains information about the version of Spybot and update level of detection rules):
    • When a scan or scan/fix completes, you can right click on the results list and select "Copy results to clipboard".
    • The log can then be pasted (Ctrl+V) into the forum.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thumbs up Answering MD

Printed off your directions and followed them.Took the checkmark out closed it and ran Spybot. Got "Congratulations..no blah blah was detected.You asked what virus protection I had.Was there anything else I should do? If Spybot changed the registry how do I get that straightened out? I must say that is one place I have never gone.

AVG 7.5.446
    Moosoft-The Cleaner
    Ad-Aware
    Spysweeper
    Spybot

I let AVG run all the time but just run the others on a regular basis.

I know this isn't the right place to ask but I don't know how to get an avatar on here.I can't find it anywhere in my profile.