Thread: !!error: "Socket Error 10061" !! error

Exclamation !!error: "Socket Error 10061" !! error

I cannot download new detection updates from download server. I've done a complete uninstall of the v1.4 software and re-installed it. Still getting the same error message.

Running:
    Microsoft Windows XP-Home, Service Pack 2
    Celeron processor

Talking Thanks for the information

foudn the document and will try the fix

I'm using an Earthlink dialup connection. I'm wondering if this could be a 'proxy seerver'.

Also ran a vius scan that found a virus: JS: Feebs family in the Earthlink Accelerator folder (Quarantined). After the virus scan completed, I tried to do a definitions update with Spybot and still got the same error notice as mentined in the original post.

I'm also unable to download definition files for Lavasoft Adaware SE Personal, as well.

Thanks for the information

ummmm..... I know nothing about web accelerators.But searching for Earthlink Accelerator proxy,I get a bunch of hits,(mostly people with something to do with proxy info to get firefox or Opera to work.)But,on Earthlink's page about Earthlink accelerator,no mention of it.So.....
    Try this:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/10.html
    The main reason for this problem is that you need to use a proxy server to access the internet. In that case, the proxy server is already set up in your browser, where you can look up its settings and enter them into Spybot-S&D.

In Mozilla, you can find the Proxy settings if you open the Edit menu, choose Settings... at the bottom, and navigate to the section Advanced - Proxies.
    In Internet Explorer, see the Menu Extras - Internet options, go to the tab Connections and click the Settings button at the bottom.
    Is there a checkmark next to 'Use a proxy server for this connection'?

What virus scanner found js:feebs family virus/worm in the Earthlink accelerator folder?