Thread: Spybot not working

Default Spybot not working

Just downloaded and installed S&D on WinME system. Got several errors while trying to update regarding UNZDLL.DLL. SPYBOT will not scan and informs me I must update first. When I search for available updates, program informs me that no newer updates available. Help file will not load. Not sure how to proceed.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions

The only other thread I saw about UNZDLL.DLL. was someone who apparently fixed it by upgrading to the 1.4 version.

So I am wondering if you have 1.4 or 1.3.

There is a manual download for updates(and 1.4) at the Spybot site:

http://www.spybot.info/en/download/index.html

Good luck.

I am trying to use version 1.4 to no avail. I will try the manual updates. perhaps I will have better luck with that. Thanks for the input.

Lightbulb Issue Resolved perhaps?

It would seem after several uninstall and reinstall cycles that I have discovered the source of the issue on my machine or with the install wizard for the program. It would seem that the updates are applied in reverse order when using the wizard. When I skipped that portion of the wizard and then selected the updates in their chronological order installing them one at a time (after the main installation) the issue was resolved.
    Hope this helps someone.