Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do i do this?

Default how do i do this?

my question is about firefox and i need to know what do you change in about:config for cookies i forgot what you change
    spybot_S&D user signing off

I think this might be what you're looking for,look under Firefox 2.0.
    http://www.spybot.info/en/faq/37.html

thank you for your help by the way what does it do does it make it so it does not accept cookies?

With this setting you only block third-party cookies. Third-party cookies can be for example from advertisers on the website you visit. Direct cookies and session cookies , the cookies from the website itself, are still accepted.

If you want to controle all cookies permissions you could try the extension CookieSafe

Greetz, Red.
    Last edited by Rednose; 2007-04-06 at 00:49.

OMG I FORGOT SOMETHING

Important : If you want to use CookieSafe you have to change the value of "network.cookie.cookiebehavior" back to "2" again.

Greetz, Red.

( Tashi, can you merge and edit my 2 posts please )

You're welcome.

putting in the number made it so i can't check my mail it says " Your browser's cookie functionality is turned off. Please turn it on" yet the setting that was changed just does not alow tracking cookies.and yet i still get tracking cookies

Did you change the number to 1 or 2?If 1,you may have to go back and change iit back to 0 again to be able to check your mail.(Changing it back to 0 will allow third-party cookies again.)If you changed it to 2,this blocks all cookies.
    http://the-cream.blogspot.com/2006/1...n-firefox.html
    and yet i still get tracking cookies
    Where are you seeing the tracking cookies,do you see them after doing a Spybot scan?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Did you change the number to 1 or 2?If 1,you may have to go back and change iit back to 0 again to be able to check your mail.(Changing it back to 0 will allow third-party cookies again.)If you changed it to 2,this blocks all cookies.
    http://the-cream.blogspot.com/2006/1...n-firefox.html

Where are you seeing the tracking cookies,do you see them after doing a Spybot scan?
    i see them when i go into options>>>privacy>>>show cookies that is where i see the and when i change the number do i have to restart my browser?ok i am able to check my mail i just needed to check my mail for email confirmation
    Last edited by spybot_S&D user; 2007-04-06 at 13:10. Reason: i am able to see my mail now i think it may be a false alarm

Quote Originally Posted by Rednose View Post
    Important : If you want to use CookieSafe you have to change the value of "network.cookie.cookiebehavior" back to "2" again.
    My fault. It was pretty late last night. The default value is "0" . Although on installing CookieSafe it will change to "2".

Greetz, Red.
    Last edited by Rednose; 2007-04-06 at 13:17.