Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how do i do this?

ok i set it to 1 now for some reason i still get cookies but i get less cookies i still get doubleclick i hate that cookie because it keeps coming back is there a way to block it?
    spybot_S&D user signing off

My fault. It was pretty late last night. Ofcource you it must be "0".
    No sweat,I missed it,too.

Glad you can check your email now.
    Yes,when you set it to 1,to block third-party cookies,you will still probably get the occasional tracking cookie(s),though it should cut down on most of them.If you want to remove the tracking cookies,this shows how you can do that,plus keep the cookies you want.
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Cookies#Firefox_2
    You can block doubleclick by going to Tools->Options->Privacy->Cookies->Exceptions,then typing doubleclick.net,then hitting Block.Then do the same thing again,but write doubleclick.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    No sweat,I missed it,too.

Glad you can check your email now.
    Yes,when you set it to 1,to block third-party cookies,you will still probably get the occasional tracking cookie(s),though it should cut down on most of them.If you want to remove the tracking cookies,this shows how you can do that,plus keep the cookies you want.
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Cookies#Firefox_2
    You can block doubleclick by going to Tools->Options->Privacy->Cookies->Exceptions,then typing doubleclick.net,then hitting Block.Then do the same thing again,but write doubleclick.com.
    thank you for your help everyone i will now have less stress with uncommon and common tracking cookies
    spybot_S&D user signing off

Glad you got it.