Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spyaxe/smitfraud-c please help.

I also wanted to say, can I delete the logs and stuff that I saved on my desktop now, or would it be a good idea to wait for a while just to make sure everything is fixed?

It is scary, Jackie but it appears everything is fine now. You did great!

Don't forget to add Spyware Blaster to the list of softwares you check for updates. It is one fantastic preventative software.

As to IE-Spyads, you're correct. You want to add both files. In fact, after you have installed IE-Spywad (version December 27th) be sure to also apply the interim update that can be found at dslreports.com/forum/remark,15121689

This should be added to the December 27th update - do not remove that before applying this addition.

The reason for adding the interim update is because of the Zero Day Windows Media File Exploits, which could end up infecting more users than SpyAxe!
    Windows Insider MVP * * * Microsoft MVP, 2006-20016

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Talking

Corrine,
    NO YOU DID GREAT!

This place is brilliant, and you are a star!

I've done all the downloads, and all the updates so hopefully I should be better protected. I have also given hubby a lecture on safe surfing!

Thanks a million. :D

Jackie
    x

Let's call it good teamwork, none of which would have been possible without noahdfear's smitRem© fix.

As the problem appears to be resolved this topic will be archived. If you need it re-opened please send a message to a Moderator with a link to this thread.

Glad we could help and wishing you a Happy New Year.
    Windows Insider MVP * * * Microsoft MVP, 2006-20016

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!