Thread: Incompatibility with F-secure Antivirus??

Default Incompatibility with F-secure Antivirus??

I run Spybot S&D 1.4 as well as F-secure supplied by my internet service provider. I also have Ad-Aware, Spyware Guard, Spyware Blaster, and Windows Defender. This combination has worked well for me for almost 2 years. However, since April 13th my F-secure has been unable to update virus definitions, and my Windows security warns me my definitions are now outdated. When I called up my internet service provider their answer to me was that all of my antispyware programs are incompatible with F-secure. They recommended for me to uninstall everything else and only run F-secure. Naturally that leaves me feeling very insecure (I bank online) and suspicious that this advice was self-serving.

My questions are:
    - do you know of any incompatibility between Spybot S&D 1.4 with F-secure antivirus existing already or newly developed in April?
    - do you have any advice as to how to pin down just which program or file is involved so when I resurrect F-secure I can avoid this problem happening again?
    - If all else fails and I have to get rid of F-secure, do you have any recommendations for which antivirus program will be compatible with what I already have?

Thanks!! I am very new to this so won't understand a lot of technical language. Please bear with me...

Mimi

Hello.

Quote Originally Posted by mimikatan View Post
    since April 13th my F-secure has been unable to update virus definitions,
    Quote Originally Posted by mimikatan View Post
    When I called up my internet service provider their answer to me was that all of my antispyware programs are incompatible with F-secure. They recommended for me to uninstall everything else and only run F-secure.
    I doubt your anti virus program won't update because of other software installed, perhaps the license has expired?

Personally, I have not heard of F-secure's AV being incompatible with Spybot-S&D.

If you decide you would like to try a different anti-virus, there are good, free and paid for, programs to choose from.

For tips see:
    So how did I get infected in the first place?

Members asked:
    Anti-Virus Recommendation?
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default Incompatibility with F-secure Antivirus??

Thank you Tashi,
    My F-secure is provided on an ongoing basis as part of my subscription for internet service with my ISP. It doesn't expire unless I cancel it.

I managed to get on my ISP's webpage and was able to do an online virus scan by F-Secure which was clear.

I suspect one of either F-secure or another of my free protection programs recently changed to cause this incompatibility, just not sure which one. It was frustrating to find this combination which was working well up until recently grind down like this. The first thing my ISP asked me was if I was running Spybot. Then they told me to get rid of all my other protection. I'm glad you don't think Spybot S&D has anything to do with it.

Mimi