Quote Originally Posted by bitman
js3250.dll is known to create this error message if the dll isn't properly registered.

I noticed in your Spybot log that Netscape was running, did you close Netscape when you ran the scan?

If Spybot still generates the error with Netscape closed, I'd guess that the initial tests Spybot performs during startup are checking various support dlls and when it tests this dll it generates the error.
Yes I did have Netscape running at the time. I don't have the quick start option in my taskbar active ever. I did try it when Netscape wasn't running but I still kept receiving the error.
What exactly were you referring to when you mentioned "if the dll isn't properly registered"? I'm guessing that I can't just go and delete the dll file because it must be needed for some reason if Netscape packages it with the download right?
Any thoughts or suggestions as to what to do now? I guess I can just keep using version 1.3 since I don't have any problems scanning or downloading updates if you are out of ideas.