Thread: Windows - No Disk message

Question Windows - No Disk message

Background Info.
    Windows XP Pro. Servcie Pack 2 with all latest updates as at 29/03/2008. Pentium D , CPU 3.2 Ghz , 3GB RAM. Two 160 GB Disks in a Mirrored (RAID 1) Configuration controlled by Intel Matrix Storage Manager.
    I run AVG Anti-Virus and have Spybot 1.5.2.20 with latest detection update 26/03/2008.

My problem is this: Whenever I attempt to run the Spybot Scan I get a Windows dialog box open with the following message >>>> Windows - No Disk
    Exception Processing Message C0000013
    Parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9c 75b6bbf9c
    With options of >>>> Cancel , Try Again , Continue

The only way of allowing the Scan to try and complete is to hit the Continue option but as the message pops up literally hundreds of times during the scan it makes completing a scan next to impossible. Despite this I have persisted and let the scan complete and the only Spybot hits it finds is Zlob.Downloader.se & Zlob.Downloader.sg which I allow Spybot to Fix.

I have read in the forums 22/03/2008 by GyroGeraloose that he is having the same problems but there has not been any replies to his request for assistance that suggest any fix.

I would be most appreciative if someone could suggest a fix for this problem as I would love to continue to use Spybot as part of my defense against the PC Nasties out there.

Hello,

This is a known problem which can occur in Windows.
    The problem is usually cause by having Drive C assigned to a device with removable media. If you have that situation then either put media in Drive C or reassign the device to another letter.

There are instructions for reassigning the device to another letter here:
    There Is No Disk in the Drive

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

i have the same problem, running XP Pro SP2.

have to go to task manager, end process for spybotSD.exe, and then i can finally cancel out the "exception processing message" dialog box that i can't click away.

problem began immediately after installing latest version.

need to clean up some bugs, so pretty worried about not being able to run the app!

my C drive is already designated as "Local Drive", so the removable media solution won't apply. and my C drive has always been the same, no sudden changes there...

any chance the new version will have a workaround? i've been using spybot for years, and this is a new problem, and a big enough one for me to finally sign up for the forums, heh!

might even have to donate if i can fix this

Default Same Problem

I have just re installed the latest version of spybot. I have XP SP2. C is designated as my home drive.
    I continually have to click on continue to get through the scan. Any ideas.
    I have had this problem for some time, hence uninstalling and re installing.

Cheers.

Smile

jagdboy & muttwuff

Did you un-install the previous version of Spybot before you installed the current version. If you didn't I would suggest un-immunising and then completely un-installing Spybot.

Download the new version from one of the sites at http://www.spybot.info/en/mirrors/index.html and install it. Don't get it to update the detection rules during the installation, you can do this once the installation has completed. I would do one scan first before activating Teatimer, and also make a new snapshot of the startup files.

Incidentally, unless you both have RAID configured drives your situation is unlikely to be "the same" as newbe57's and one solution may not suit all. You should each specify exactly what error messages you are seeing, and exactly when they occurred. It may help to know what antivirus and what firewall software you are using. The more detail you give, the more likely it is that someone can give you a meaningful reply. There are many of us running Spybot 1.5.2 on XP SP2 installations without any problems, so it is a matter of determining why it is different for each of you.